Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:53 PM

615 posts, read 1,172,530 times

Advertisements

I've been to the Tri-Cities twice now and have not seen that people are nice. The customer service is brutal and needs formal training big time just about everywhere... I did see some nice friendly people, but most were not and rude. I did have a bad experience that pissed me off.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:09 AM

9 posts, read 58,632 times
Thanks for all your replies... Unfortunately for my wife and I it doesnt seem to be happening anytime soon...

We dont want to buy anything right now, I know i know its a good investment but i have money in the stock market so im covered we just want to rent something for 6 months to a year and then dedcide... You know travel around upthere and find something good... But every single person/property management company renting something wont help, all I ask for is picture's PICTUREs!!! And they pratically tell me to go screw myself. I dont get it, i even tried saying "I will fax a copy of my bank statement to prove I have the money..." They say its not worth their time... :-/ I cant drive all the way out there just to look at a house, and flying?!?!?! I stay as far away from Mcaran Airport as i can Last time i was there some retarded tourist wrecked my car :-/

Anyway does anyone on here know someone who wouldnt mind emailing me a picture of atleast the front of the house...???

As for OS the weather wouldnt bother me I dont think LOL...
We have been having this problem in OS, W. Pasco, and even Brookings Oregon... No one is willing to work with me LOL...

Anyway once again thanks for the help, will look into grayland... Thanks :-D

Old 05-25-2007, 08:44 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,413 times
FWIW, some friends of the family retired in Ocean Shores and love it. I have never been there myself. However, I do have to say that the beaches in Washington are definitely not like the ones I knew in California.

On Pasco, here is its crime stats:
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

I didn't have anything for Ocean Shores, though.

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2008 at 05:14 AM..

Old 05-25-2007, 09:56 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
There are basically three types of people who live in Ocean Shores.
1. Retirees who have their own means of support.
2. Part time residents who have vacation homes there.
3. Those involved in the development or tourist service trade.

If you are going to be looking for work and don't already have connections with local real estate companies or contractors, don't expect to find much in the way of employment other than low wage menial jobs such as custodial or maid work at one of the tourist hotels.

There may be jobs in Hoquiam and Aberdeen, but that involves a 50 mile round trip commute over a narrow two lane road that gets very congested during tourist season.

The crime rate is not as low as you would expect, and it is growing as meth heads from around the county discover that Ocean Shores is relatively easy pickings because of the high percentage of seasonally vacant homes, the aged population, and the isolation of many of the properties.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:41 PM

216 posts, read 1,006,829 times
Those crime stats from RobE may be true, but Kennewick has worse crime. Also West Pasco is safer. The crime in East Pasco is worse because it is a slum.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:05 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang34 View Post
Those crime stats from RobE may be true, but Kennewick has worse crime. Also West Pasco is safer. The crime in East Pasco is worse because it is a slum.
I do beleive you need to define east pasco
East of the tracks? east of oregon?
4th st and lewis? the area around the hospital?
Have you even been there or going on speculation?
I have been there and know some are worst than others but just rating east pasco as bad is incorrect.

Old 05-26-2007, 03:20 AM

9 posts, read 58,632 times
Thanks for all the info.
As for employment its not a big concern I own my own business and wife will be finished with her Masters in anistesiology <-- However it's spelled) by next winter.
My only major concerns are the safety of the kid thats on its way, my wife, my cars, and bikes...

Old 05-26-2007, 07:27 PM

216 posts, read 1,006,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
I do beleive you need to define east pasco
East of the tracks? east of oregon?
4th st and lewis? the area around the hospital?
Have you even been there or going on speculation?
I have been there and know some are worst than others but just rating east pasco as bad is incorrect.
I actually do live in Pasco.
As for my definition of East Pasco, it is East of 14th Ave until Lewis St. West down Lewis to 20th Ave to the river.
My definition of West Pasco is West of 395.
The area between I call Central Pasco, which I think is okay.
Far East to the new neighborhoods at the edge of the city aren't bad, I suppose I have assumptions of the area, being a (nearly) lifelong resident.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:07 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,741 times
Mustang
Great definitions
So many just spout off and have no real idea.
As I am born and raised a tri-citian from the mid 50's till the early 80's I had seen a lot of growing up of the area. Family still lives in Kennewick and Pasco, so I try to stay up to date as whats going on there.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:39 PM

3 posts, read 11,261 times
Default From the land of short trees, (sagebrush) I VOTE Pasco..

I have been to Ocean Shores many times and I love going to the ocean, but it is cold and windy more days than it is not and it is only about a 5 1/2 hour drive from the Tri-Cities. One of my best friends is from Vegas, grew up there and I have been to visit her and I know what you mean about the traffic and every time she has gone back to Vegas she says it gets worse. I was born and raised in Pasco and I have seen the Tri-Cities grow leaps and bounds. My folks still live there. I have 4 brothers and sisters and even though a couple of them have lived in Kennewick they all live in W. Pasco and and the newer n. Pasco. They are building a new hgh shool in WP. and even though some people complain about the old high school out of the top 1000 schools in the nation it ranked in the 200's. The TC's has a little bit of everything when it comes to recreation we have the Columbia river just outside our doors, 2 hrs to the west we have the Blue Mt's for hunting and skiing and 2 hrs to the east the Cascade Mt's for camping, camping, hunting and skiing. So if you like water sports, fishing, hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, pheasant, quail, bear, i.e.) snow sports, 4 wheel'n or motor cycle, there are lots of parks. The TC's is ~3 hrs to Portland, ~3.5 to Seattle and ~2 to Spokane, we are about 55 miles to Oregon and <2 to Idaho and ~3.5 hrs straight north to Canada.. We have some great medical professionals and facilities (my sister works at Our Lady of Lourdes) and if they don't have the treatments or proceedures that you need, then they are available in Spokane or Seattle.. Of course there is crime in the TC's, but it is nothing to what you have in the Vegas area.

This is truely Gods country.. If you have questions about the TC's please feel free to ask and I will be glad to provide what I can for you. While you are renting prior to building don't just zero in on the actual WP area.. keep in mind all of the suburbs of the TC's and the area N of Pasco..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington