Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 05:12 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times

Advertisements

Just thought I would throw this out here in case some have not happened upon something of this nature.

Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground

Is in my opinion an excellent single "all in one" source for most weather needs.

Just type in your location and the tool pulls up lots of info.

What is nice is you can look at individual station data trends in the past as well as compare them between each other. This button is located right at the top of the "weather at a glance" heading to the right.

Also, it has a very nice real time monitoring tool which I use for storm tracking and the like as it will show all kinds of statistics you might be interested and is excellent for use when you are tracking severe weather events (such as tornadoes),

You can do multiple satellite views (VIS and IR4) and you can even access various weather cams in the areas that have them.

Here is an example of Dallas, TX.

WunderMap Interactive Radar & Weather Stations : Weather Underground

What I like to do is use this as a means to see if there are any off stations showing bias in a given area. You can see the surrounding stations and get an idea of what stations are more likely to be correct in their display of the temps (ie seeing a station reporting 104 when it is surrounded by near by stations showing 97-99.) As I said, you can also look at individual stations and review their daily, weekly, and yearly data records as well as see that stations all time highs and lows.

Anyway, its a great tool, so I thought I would pass it on for those who may not know about it and like to dabble a bit in the details of the weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 10:45 PM

140 posts, read 475,383 times
Thank you , i use it every day, it is very fast on our slow computer, compared to weather channel and others that suck out our Ram! have fun,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather