Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
A 5 27.78%
B 4 22.22%
C 3 16.67%
D 4 22.22%
F 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 05:17 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,522,253 times

Advertisements

I give it a "D", the thing that keeps it from getting an "F" is the complete lack of 90's. But way too much sun, lows are too high year round, and of course the humidity level is too high year-round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 05:56 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,071,148 times
Fantastic! I give it an A. Only problem is the dry season and a bit too much rain Jan - Mar.

Looks like it could be a highland Hawaiian climate. Also quite similar to Norfolk Island except for the dry season.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:06 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Fantastic! I give it an A. Only problem is the dry season and a bit too much rain Jan - Mar.

Looks like it could be a highland Hawaiian climate. Also quite similar to Norfolk Island except for the dry season.
Glad someone else is a fan of it.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,713,074 times
A- overall pretty nice but I prefer higher temperatures in all months.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:05 PM

3,341 posts, read 5,561,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
A- overall pretty nice but I prefer higher temperatures in all months.
The summers could definitely be warmer. I was going for a very moderate climate with all months' means being between 18C and 22C.

18C is the lower limit for tropical climates and 22C is the lower limit for a climate to qualify as having 'hot summers' (Cfa for example) under the Köppen classification.

In such a climate I'd like the hottest month to be 85/70, more or less.

Anyways, yeah this does resemble parts of Hawaii. Garden City is definitely on an island.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:32 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,566,536 times
B
Very nice, especially sunshine, but I prefer hotter temps

Old 05-03-2012, 11:41 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,533,552 times
mmmh, i would say i could like those temperatures in some contexts but this climate is not only boring (all year the same) but super humid (like someone say it probably feels sticky). But the worst thing by far are the lows....its weird that a climate that have such comfortable summer highs, haves such uncomfortable summer lows!! Let me tell you that a 19 average low can feel pretty hot....BA average low for january is 21 and let me tell you most nights are above 26 celsius, and some nights above 30c, cause the lows always ocurr very early in the morning. If this climate is also like this, you will have to expect a lot of 25-27 celsius night, and if you dont have A/C, that is pretty damn uncomfortable...plus, that humidity will make it feel pretty sticky!!! But the weird thing is that the average highs dont even reach those temps, so probably if the daytime high is....23 celsius, nightime temp will be the same?? thats kinda weird, or probably the highs always ocurr at nightime in this climate? i HATE that, i always hate places with warm night. I could tolerate the heat a millon times better if it wasnt for the super hot nights we have to endure all sumer. Actually, the WORST part of the heat for me is the night high temperatures and the high lows, cause it gives the feeling that it NEVER cools of! I will much rather spend the summer in a 14/40celsius average high and lows (if that could exist), that in horrid, super sticky, 21/31c, BA. And thats mainly for the lows. Lows make the biggest difference between a tolerable summer and a hellish one.

This climate haves potential to be a very good one, but two things ruin it completely for me. The LOWS (way higher that i would like in all months) and the humidity. This factors would make this climate sticky and uncomfortable, imo.

So its a D.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:04 AM

2,745 posts, read 6,467,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Tough choice. Boring, could use hotter summers especially and a bit more chance of cooler weather. Seems a bit sticky, too.

Temperatures very comfortable. Dry season excessive but does make things more interesting.

I'll be generous and give it an A-.
These would be my comments as well. Don't like this precipitation pattern.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:59 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,003,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
mmmh, i would say i could like those temperatures in some contexts but this climate is not only boring (all year the same) but super humid (like someone say it probably feels sticky). But the worst thing by far are the lows....its weird that a climate that have such comfortable summer highs, haves such uncomfortable summer lows!! Let me tell you that a 19 average low can feel pretty hot....BA average low for january is 21 and let me tell you most nights are above 26 celsius, and some nights above 30c, cause the lows always ocurr very early in the morning. If this climate is also like this, you will have to expect a lot of 25-27 celsius night, and if you dont have A/C, that is pretty damn uncomfortable...plus, that humidity will make it feel pretty sticky!!! But the weird thing is that the average highs dont even reach those temps, so probably if the daytime high is....23 celsius, nightime temp will be the same?? thats kinda weird, or probably the highs always ocurr at nightime in this climate? i HATE that, i always hate places with warm night. I could tolerate the heat a millon times better if it wasnt for the super hot nights we have to endure all sumer. Actually, the WORST part of the heat for me is the night high temperatures and the high lows, cause it gives the feeling that it NEVER cools of! I will much rather spend the summer in a 14/40celsius average high and lows (if that could exist), that in horrid, super sticky, 21/31c, BA. And thats mainly for the lows. Lows make the biggest difference between a tolerable summer and a hellish one.

This climate haves potential to be a very good one, but two things ruin it completely for me. The LOWS (way higher that i would like in all months) and the humidity. This factors would make this climate sticky and uncomfortable, imo.
I agree with your comfort assessment. You hit the nail on the head.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:36 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
But the weird thing is that the average highs dont even reach those temps, so probably if the daytime high is....23 celsius, nightime temp will be the same?? thats kinda weird, or probably the highs always ocurr at nightime in this climate? i HATE that, i always hate places with warm night.
I'd imagine it'd be near the daily mean around nighttime in July. So, 22°C.

I fail to see the problem with warm nights; it never gets hot in the dayttime so there's no need for cooldown. Similar weather in my experience generally results in rather comfortable indoor temperatures as well as outdoor temperatures the whole day long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather