Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate the climate: Fictional Phoenix
A 2 10.53%
B 2 10.53%
C 0 0%
D 2 10.53%
F 13 68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:43 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterfan22323 View Post
NO DENEBA ALMOST EVERY AMERICAN WOULD SAY THOSE WINTER NIGHTS ARE NOT CHILLY AT ALL,YOU ARE LIKE THE ONLY PERSON ON EARTH WHO WOULD TYPE SUCH NONSENSE.
Give me a freaking break man.deep down inside you know that's not cold.any snowbird or person who moved to the sunbelt who can't handle wintertime lows in the UPPER 30s AND LOW 40S needs to be locked away in a nuthouse ,if i ever hear a snowbird complain about overnight temperatures in the upper 30s and low 40s,i swear i am calling the nearest nuthouse and getting them locked up. deneb78 wouldn't mind living in temperatures where it got into the upper 30s at night in the winter,deep down he wouldn't .he's just not in touch with his inner self
Considering that Deneb78 lives in Vancouver, he almost certainly knows how to handle winter nights in the upper 30s or low 40s, he just dislikes them and it's too chilly for his tastes. He knows quite well deep down inside what temperatures he likes and has spent summers in some rather hot and humid climates (southern China).

As for myself, in the general sense I would call temperatures around 40°F chilly even if they are overnight temps. I wouldn't call 40°F mornings too chilly forr winter though.

Anyhow, people on this forum have a variety of weather tastes, some rather extreme. Please don't criticize their preferences, it's rude and just leads to fights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Quote:
NO DENEBA ALMOST EVERY AMERICAN WOULD SAY THOSE WINTER NIGHTS ARE NOT CHILLY AT ALL,YOU ARE LIKE THE ONLY PERSON ON EARTH WHO WOULD TYPE SUCH NONSENSE.
Give me a freaking break man.deep down inside you know that's not cold.any snowbird or person who moved to the sunbelt who can't handle wintertime lows in the UPPER 30s AND LOW 40S needs to be locked away in a nuthouse ,if i ever hear a snowbird complain about overnight temperatures in the upper 30s and low 40s,i swear i am calling the nearest nuthouse and getting them locked up. deneb78 wouldn't mind living in temperatures where it got into the upper 30s at night in the winter,deep down he wouldn't .he's just not in touch with his inner self

hahah, if you lived in Buenos Aires youll die of a heart attack. Here everyone calls temps in the high 60s "cold", 50s temp "very cold" or "freezing", and when temp go down to the 40s or 30s "polar spell ice age coming we are worst than siberia" and they almost forbid people to go out of their houses. Imagine that 20s temp dont exist here, but if they did, i dont even know what the news people would say.

About this fictional phoenix climate THATS HELL!!!!!!

I rate it with a Z, i wouldnt even go near that hell. I didnt even looked at the temperatures cause at first glance i saw a 43c AVERAGE HIGH for one month and saw the other month had colours similar to that and didnt wanna feel bad just by looking at those HORRIBLE stats.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:10 PM

839 posts, read 3,075,092 times
I don't see any big improvement from the real Phoenix. So, it gets the same rating for me: D-.
Not an F because at least it has a livable season, though short.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:12 PM

839 posts, read 3,075,092 times
Now that I'm looking at the chart again, I see that indeed it's worse than the real Phoenix. 30.9 C high in Nov? Way too much. I cannot change my rating in the poll, but if I could I'd downgraded it to F+.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
F

Old 06-04-2012, 06:59 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,953,708 times
Quote:
How random. My LOLCANO just erupted.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:04 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,707,457 times
Quote:
The climate where I live now averages nights in the 30s in winter and I find it definitely too cold for me. I prefer nights in the 50s for winter at least. If you don't like my preferences, then that's your problem

Old 06-05-2012, 03:17 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,564,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Simmer View Post
How random. My LOLCANO just erupted.
And mine just did by reading your post, thanks

Old 06-18-2012, 05:14 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,186,539 times
If it had some decent rain, it'd get a D due to good winter temperatures. But the aridity slams this down to an F - I'd put "Worse than hell" if it was an option here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather