Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 05:54 AM

83,529 posts, read 75,373,979 times

Advertisements

This one I'm becoming confident on, unlike the hyped up Thanksgiving storm. Sometimes you hear something too many times and you start to believe it. I have to tune other parties out and listen to myself more often.

Here's a storm that continues to show up and the area of large amounts of snow continues to be northern NY, VT, NH, ME with snows dropping as far south as PA and the coast and higher elevations of TN, North Carolina and Ketucky and Virginia..

But lets not get ahead of outselves here... Forget the who and how much snow... Lets see if this pattern continues to be shown.

I like the idea of major blocking at the end of the month, I like the idea that the Trough goes on a negative tilt, and I like the idea a storm blows up as it rounds the base of the trough.

The overall pattern is setting up to be volitle going into winter and I believe the East will get the snows and cold, not the West this year just from the setup lately..

This one should be fun to track, Time frame is around November 28th right now.

Snow totals from this run are up to a foot of snow for the northern tier.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 04:55 AM

83,529 posts, read 75,373,979 times
GFS continues to show the sharp cold front progression, the low pressure down south, negative NAO, but the latest run has it exiting Virginia and shooting straight north into Canada, so the heaviest snows would be Western NY near Lake Ontario.

Like I said, dont watch the details yet... Watch The setup. What's crazy about the latest GFS is, it has a well developed storm 3 days before this one with snow for the northern tier of NorthEast and heavy snow for Ski areas, then it shows another one in the pipes after this one. Going to be an interesting and busy winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather