Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which climate do you prefer?
Buenos Aires, Argentina 10 55.56%
Mexico City, Mexico 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 04:29 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,266,588 times

Advertisements

Latin America climate battle, which one do you prefer?

Buenos Aires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City#Climate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 04:33 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,593,888 times
Buenos Aires.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM

504 posts, read 852,204 times
Mexico City's climate is pretty much perfect in my book, A+. Great temperatures year round, not too much rain, snow is extremely rare. Record highs only in the low 90's. Very nice

Buenos Aires is pretty nice, just too hot a few months and rainier than I like.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:49 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,106,641 times
I take Buenos Aires easy I don't want to be in a pollution filled city that looks like this all the time.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM

2,745 posts, read 6,463,232 times
There are a couple of things that bother me about Mexico City:
- The lows are too low, especially during the dry season. The temperature swings between night and day seem a bit much for me.
- I dislike the long dry season even more than the rainy season. I prefer the precipitation pattern to be more evenly spread out.
- Mean sunshine isn't bad but not something to brag about either.

BA isn't particularly sunny either but still a bit better than MC. That, and some mugginess during the summer are the only faults that BA has IMO. But that wouldn't bother me too much, so I choose BA.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:23 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
BA isn't particularly sunny either but still a bit better than MC. That, and some mugginess during the summer are the only faults that BA has IMO. But that wouldn't bother me too much, so I choose BA.
BA is sunnier than what it says in wikipedia, BA haves more than 2500 sunshine hours according to many much more reliable sources. 2556 to be more exact. Me, that i live here, can attest that this city feels more sunny than not, if you know what i mean, and sun is evenly distributed so its all good, no gloomy months. Sun and its distribution is one of the best features of this city.

Having said that, i chose Mexico city. I hate hot summers.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:02 PM

2,745 posts, read 6,463,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
BA is sunnier than what it says in wikipedia, BA haves more than 2500 sunshine hours according to many much more reliable sources. 2556 to be more exact. Me, that i live here, can attest that this city feels more sunny than not, if you know what i mean, and sun is evenly distributed so its all good, no gloomy months. Sun and its distribution is one of the best features of this city.

Well then my choice is even more clear. I'm liking BA more and more.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
There are a couple of things that bother me about Mexico City:
- The lows are too low, especially during the dry season. The temperature swings between night and day seem a bit much for me.
- I dislike the long dry season even more than the rainy season. I prefer the precipitation pattern to be more evenly spread out.
- Mean sunshine isn't bad but not something to brag about either.

you sure it's not the air pollution that made u switch?

Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:

how can you take pollution so thick that it leaves a cloud of it over your head the entire day!

Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
how can you take pollution so thick that it leaves a cloud of it over your head the entire day!
Yeah, that would be awful but im not considering it as a "climate" feature
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather