Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 11:01 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,167 times

Advertisements

I am going to be become known here as the #1 "weather grump," ha ha. I say that because I am very picky and very prone to grumpy moods about the weather, especially fresh on the heels of this crazy spring we've had, the very type of weather I hate the most. So fresh from that, any little speck on the picture frame we call weather highly upsets me.

Anyway, the deal is this--we live about 2 hours east of Dallas TX. My wife has time off this weekend and wants us to go on a trip. We had thought about Canyon TX however it's showing decent chances of rain the whole time we're there--naturally, on Sunday as we're returning, it's going to be sunny, figures.

My main priority--I want to go somewhere within 8-odd hours of here where the entire time there is absolutely no chance of rain whatsoever. Zip, zero, nada. If it's going to rain some there the same as it would here, then what's the point. I'd rather not go anywhere at all. I know I'm probably being silly, but I have HUGE expectations where it regards vacations--where it regards weather, if there will be 1 day out of 4 where the weather isn't to my liking, my vote would be to call the entire trip off over that one day.

Short of simply plugging in various cities in the vicinity as I've done, what is a quick way to check for such? I can't even find maps that will show cloudy/rain/sunny for the entire US and its regions, day-by-day. I've been to weather.com but I'm not finding the maps I'd like. From what I've seen here & there, it looks like unless I'm prepared for us to take a plane out to southern AZ or the like, we're stuck with rain all weekend.

Figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 06:22 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,998,619 times
You can see these maps for part of your weekend; they show the areas of rain, not sun, but you might find it useful. I think the only way for you is to plug in locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather