Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 08:16 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter what the windchill is,if it is 20c with a windchill of -20c it is still not icy.
It ain't icy unless it is below 0c.

Right now it is 17c and I am wearing shorts and a T-shirt, it is the perfect temperature outside and to think you would call this winter makes me kill myself with laughter.

And don't even bother saying 'I was here', my average summer high is 18c. I know what 18c feels like and it is not cold. I have experienced 10c maxes last summer under heavy rain with snow down to 2,000feet in the highlands, 18c is not cold at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 08:21 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
oh and by the way this is the current temperature at Aonachmor in the middle of the summer.

Aonach Mor, United Kingdom Weather Forecast from Weather Underground

Old 08-03-2013, 08:24 AM

2,397 posts, read 3,350,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
Yep turned out a lot better than what it looked like earlier in the month 140mm in Perth for the month after a very good final week which brought half the months rainfall... a little below average still but considered decent these days. The next weeks forecast still looks rather dry across Australia apart from western Tasmania and far southwest Australia.

Sydney's rainfall was way down after a very wet June, also Melbourne had it's warmest July maximums on record with an average of 15.9C.
Very pleased for you mate

I was very tired, and half asleep, after working a month of long overtime hours (6am to 6pm) when I made that post of Perth receiving around 125mm - thanks for the update .
Bondi had around 60mm and city even less with 33mm. Mind you the storms on the 30th certainly raised the total in coastal eastern suburb sites and very nice to see all lawns so green and roads/footpaths clean of dust
It would be so great if Perth and Sydney recorded rainfalls in excess of the average at the same time but that is not possible due to wet westerlies lashing Perth whereas in Sydney, it's dry and sunny unless a huge NW cloudband moves in from as September, a few years ago, did with over 15mm falling. I recall being surprised on that day as it was quite cold too with maximums reaching just 13-14C with no sun

Last edited by koyaanisqatsi1; 08-03-2013 at 09:02 AM..

Old 08-03-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
Mild and sunny weather over the weekend with 23C forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Bright sunshine currently at 11am and 18C, very pleasant to be outside.

The next week is looking quite wet though with around 75-100mm of rain forecast according to GFS
Hope this pulls off mate

Old 08-03-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
It doesn't matter what the windchill is,if it is 20c with a windchill of -20c it is still not icy.
It ain't icy unless it is below 0c.

Right now it is 17c and I am wearing shorts and a T-shirt, it is the perfect temperature outside and to think you would call this winter makes me kill myself with laughter.

And don't even bother saying 'I was here', my average summer high is 18c. I know what 18c feels like and it is not cold. I have experienced 10c maxes last summer under heavy rain with snow down to 2,000feet in the highlands, 18c is not cold at all.
That's because you've never experienced a 'proper' Aussie summer or winter for that case too
Mock and laugh as much as you like which is too bad for you seeing that I know what I'm talking about whereas you don't
By the way Owenc - enjoy life as much as you can instead of taking it out on us Aussies and trolling still isn't getting you far with me

Last edited by koyaanisqatsi1; 08-03-2013 at 08:58 AM..

Old 08-03-2013, 01:31 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
I'm not seeing any real cold temps in the southern Hem lately. Hard to find 20s/30s now. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough? How are the ski resorts doing?

Old 08-03-2013, 02:24 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I'm not seeing any real cold temps in the southern Hem lately. Hard to find 20s/30s now. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough? How are the ski resorts doing?
It's turning out to be a mild winter here. July averaged 0C-15C for my town, but there hasn't been any hard ground freezes here this winter. It's been dry as well and the local mountains (6500ft)are about as bare as they get for mid winter.

I did a day of skiing down south and the snow was nice and dry, but there haven't been any significant falls since mid June. The local mountain is struggling this year, with a base of only 15-40 cm! That can all change in a day though, so I'm still hopeful of getting a few days in. Just as a matter of precaution, I've booked a lodge at a ski area north of Christchurch for late August -they have a snow base of around 150 -200 cm.

I posted some photos a few pages back, but the skiing ones didn't torn out.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:49 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
It's turning out to be a mild winter here. July averaged 0C-15C for my town, but there hasn't been any hard ground freezes here this winter. It's been dry as well and the local mountains (6500ft)are about as bare as they get for mid winter.

I did a day of skiing down south and the snow was nice and dry, but there haven't been any significant falls since mid June. The local mountain is struggling this year, with a base of only 15-40 cm! That can all change in a day though, so I'm still hopeful of getting a few days in. Just as a matter of precaution, I've booked a lodge at a ski area north of Christchurch for late August -they have a snow base of around 150 -200 cm.

I posted some photos a few pages back, but the skiing ones didn't torn out.
Interesting. Thanks. I wonder if there's any relation when there's not a lot of cold air in southern Hem that the northern Hem will have it. Something I dont hear talked about a lot so I wonder. Or maybe it just doesnt have any relation

Old 08-03-2013, 07:24 PM

678 posts, read 1,205,412 times
It's hard to believed the road below is located here in BRAZIL, after a snowfall almost two weeks ago:

Old 08-04-2013, 03:41 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,660 times
Just came back home from an afternoon of tennis, was absolutely perfect to be outside today 23C with a gentle breeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather