Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Activity and Weather preference?
I like it cold, and I'm active. 20 34.48%
I like it cold, and I'm inactive. 12 20.69%
I like it hot, and I'm active 22 37.93%
I like it hot, and I'm inactive. 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 04:16 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,833,026 times

Advertisements

I like 4 season weather and ain't active. Or well, I play football, bike everywhere and like walking, so I'm in a better physical condition than the average man, but it's no problem for me to sit a weekend inside four walls. I haven't ever worked in a place that requires physical excercise.

I don't like nature, hiking, camping, hunting or such things, but despite being a city person, I know how to put up a tent, campfire and how to fish.

If it's -5 to 30C the weather has no effect on my plans. If it's hot, so be it, if it rains, let it, if it's cold, I just have to be more careful when biking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 04:20 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,509,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
For me I am a heat lover and very active. I love all water sports and swim 3-4 times a week at my local indoor pool. One of the reasons why my dream is to live in the tropics is that I can pursue water sports outdoors year round. I love the feeling of warm sun on my body while I'm in or on the water.
I'm kind of with you here. I like swimming but LOVE driving the jet ski at the lake. It's one of the few reasons I like living in a climate with hot summers, but I still need to have winters.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,545,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I like 4 season weather and ain't active. Or well, I play football, bike everywhere and like walking, so I'm in a better physical condition than the average man, but it's no problem for me to sit a weekend inside four walls. I haven't ever worked in a place that requires physical excercise.
That sounds kinda active, depending on how often. Did the OP mean active or occasional recreation or constant work?

Old 09-11-2013, 04:35 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,823,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
That sounds kinda active, depending on how often. Did the OP mean active or occasional recreation or constant work?
Enjoying moderate to vigorous exercise on a regular basis. And not liking sitting down very much.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:41 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,607,512 times
Oh, I enjoy playing basketball too. I've always preferred basketball over foot-bore-ll.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Biking almost every day, the other maybe once a week both. But I don't hit the gym, go jogging, or just stroll around without aim just because I "have" to move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleetan View Post
Enjoying moderate to vigorous exercise on a regular basis. And not liking sitting down very much.
Football might be vigorous, biking and walking not. I like to sit.

So not that active on Kaleetan's criteria.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:44 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,377,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Oh, I enjoy playing basketball too. I've always preferred basketball over foot-bore-ll.
Same here! I'll school you in basketball

Old 09-11-2013, 04:54 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,346,450 times
I'm a heat lover, and a fall somewhere between active and inactive, if that even makes any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I'm physically fit and VERY active. I'm rarely sitting for more than 30 minutes at a time. Even during movies I have to get up.
My work involves me standing and moving around for 6-8hrs. I split wood. Landscape. Household maintenance. Veggie Garden digging/planting. I Jog (not in summer), build things, walk dog, find the farthest parking spot when shopping. I HATE to be inactive. I actually feel like crap when I am.

And that's why I get sick and feel miserable in the summer. Because I live like a hermit inside more, inactive. Bring on the cold!
That's how I am in the winter, and it's one reason why I hate it, I don't like being inside for extended periods of time. I'm way more comfortable (and physically active) in the warmer months. I don't get how people can go jogging in 20-40 degree temperatures, in shorts/t-shirts. In High School we were usually outside for gym during the winter, and despite being physically activity while being bundled up, I'd still be very uncomfortable.

Sprinting indoors for warmth is my favorite outdoor activity in the winter months lol.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:57 PM

Basketball is quite fun. And badminton is really cool.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:03 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,607,512 times
I had a badminton set when I was a little kid, and I would play it in the back garden with my mother.

I enjoy tennis too, but I play less of it nowadays. There are tennis courts very close to here, so I should take up it again. It's a fun sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather