Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What temperature would you prefer early in the morning (Before 9 AM)
21 F & sunny with winds 14 40.00%
70 F and hazy sunshine 20 57.14%
Both are hell 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 06:35 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,406,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I hate humid mornings and hot nights. They make it very uncomfortable to have good sex.

On the other hand, cold nights and mornings are perfect for a toasty cuddle and other fun stuff .
Hahahaha I am a student and in my first year at university I had a girlfriend so when she stayed over we had to share a single bed.. I used to get so uncomfortably hot with her there that I would open the window fully even in February!

When I am on my own though, I prefer to wake up to it being warm.. I handle 20C nights quite ok and find it hard to get out of bed if it is cold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 06:40 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,209 times
Perfect weather:

Before 9am -- 60s
9am to 5pm -- 68 to 88
6pm (or whenever the sunsets) -- mid 70s
Nightfall -- back down to 60s

Quote:
I hate humid 70 F mornings. Who in the right mind likes to start off their day with pit sweat after a morning shower while leaving for work .
True, my hair will probably frizz. However, 21 is pretty damn cold! I have to sit in my car and warm it up. I'll just throw my hair in a ponytail...

Old 01-09-2014, 06:46 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Hahahaha I am a student and in my first year at university I had a girlfriend so when she stayed over we had to share a single bed.. I used to get so uncomfortably hot with her there that I would open the window fully even in February!
How did the "hot affair" end .

Cuddling in cold can warm you up really fast. Cuddling in warm weather is just miserable. People usually tend to stay further apart when its hot.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
How did the "hot affair" end .

Cuddling in cold can warm you up really fast. Cuddling in warm weather is just miserable. People usually tend to stay further apart.
It ended this year, I still have a single bed this year and to be honest I don't think I would have survived doing it for another year! I'll wait until I graduate and get my own house with a double bed Our residences in first year were heated so warm so it was horrible when trying to sleep. I can't imagine sharing a bed with someone cuddling when the low is 70F+ though! I would move away as far as possible haha

Old 01-09-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
It ended this year, I still have a single bed this year and to be honest I don't think I would have survived doing it for another year! I'll wait until I graduate and get my own house with a double bed Our residences in first year were heated so warm so it was horrible when trying to sleep. I can't imagine sharing a bed with someone cuddling when the low is 70F+ though! I would move away as far as possible haha
I love 70 F temperatures in the afternoon, but need cooler nights. Upper 50's F lows are perfect for sleeping, since it makes my bedroom temperatures stay in the low 70's F.

BTW, where do you go to college. I am a senior year engineering student who will be graduating from Rutgers (the State university of New Jersey) this year and am currently looking for jobs.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I love 70 F temperatures in the afternoon, but need cooler nights. Upper 50's F lows are perfect for sleeping, since it makes my bedroom temperatures stay in the low 70's F.

BTW, where do you go to college. I am a senior year engineering student who will be graduating from Rutgers (the State university of New Jersey) this year and am currently looking for jobs.
Yeah I absolutely love warmth during the day, high 70s to mid 80s is best. Warm nights are not so much a problem for me if I am sleeping on my own, although I don't like much higher than 70F which doesn't really happen much in London anyway thankfully! I'd say that about 65F is perfect for me as it gives warm evenings and nights that are not too bad!

Ahh that's cool! I am at the University of East Anglia which is in Norwich, about 100 miles north east of London in 4th year.. normally degrees are 3 years here but I am studying management with French (don't ask me why lol) so I had a year abroad last year in Nice.. not too bad! I will be looking for jobs soon as well.. not looking forward to that!

Old 01-09-2014, 10:14 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,180,202 times
Cold, baby, cold. Option 1.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:57 PM

Cold mornings followed by warm days are perfect. My Ideal location has a temperature range of 60/39 F in October, which is perfect weather.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:37 AM

Warm & Humid mornings annoy people (ESPECIALLY WOMEN) when they leave for work. I wonder why since women rarely break a sweat compared to their male counterparts.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:18 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,215,551 times
21 F of course...far more comfortable for sleeping. Nice to wake up to the fresh air with a warm drink.

70 F mornings equals waking up to sweat and discomfort. I step outside dreading the disgustingly warm and humid day that awaits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather