Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 08:35 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,634 times

Advertisements

This sounds like some sort of fairy tale. Becoming rich and then rewarding your girlfriend with expensive jewelry? I guess you'll live in the huge castle at the top of the mountain when you become prince and princess.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
This is sad. You can be incredibly romantically successful and dirt poor. True women don't give a **** about gold and sapphire
In that case, the age group I target is 10-15 years older than me. Most women in their late teens- early 20's are very materialistic. I have told a 35 year old women I'm attracted, due to various interests shared in common. They say "sorry, my age must be a detterent to you. You are too young to be taken seriously".

That, plus making a very conscious effort to effectively seal my romantic affairs from parents with a steel door while still maintaining family contacts is a big task for me.

Let's not talk about this further, alright. Because it just reflects on the kind of sore loser I have always been.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 01-22-2015 at 09:00 PM..

Old 01-22-2015, 11:09 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,458,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post

My dad's just getting impatient & tempermental like a little child. I wish he would stop. Mom says he is very hard to cope with nowadays. I have heard her scream "I've had enough of this marriage. One last time and you are out" a few months back, in despair. I really don't know what will happen next. As dad has failed to change his behavior. Mom has started to give up on him nowadays .
I'm also from an Indian (Guju) family, and my parents haven't gotten along in 20 years or so. On good days they pretend to like each other, and on bad days they antagonize each other to the point of abuse. It doesn't really bother me too much, but all the screaming in the house is a bit annoying.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:23 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
I have no problem with her. I don't dislike her. She has the right to her opinion...

But I just can't fathom how she sees Sydney (a relatively large city) having a "big town feel to it". She always likes to call it something in the likes of a "large small town".
That's because she probably hasn't been to Sydney she tries to sound smart but in reality she is very well dumb.

She makes wild generalisations and stereotypes about places which do have truth to it but a stereotype is a stereotype.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:49 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The more you worry about it, the stronger the girl repellant on you becomes. True fact, not even lying. Women can smell desperation on a man (hint hint, Adi)
It's quite the opposite situation.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lEk4rUqvVhY

Old 01-23-2015, 12:06 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,564,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post

Rofl @ that dude and the whole 'MGTOW' concept (hadn't even heard of it) - aka giving up on getting laid

You guys in the US seem to have a hard time with women, with all the crazy feminists bs and so on.

And what theunbrainwashed meant is that you're never going anywhere if you sound desperate and supplicating. That's obvious. Now telling them to **** off isn't obviously work either

Old 01-23-2015, 03:38 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
Rofl @ that dude and the whole 'MGTOW' concept (hadn't even heard of it) - aka giving up on getting laid

You guys in the US seem to have a hard time with women, with all the crazy feminists bs and so on.

And what theunbrainwashed meant is that you're never going anywhere if you sound desperate and supplicating. That's obvious. Now telling them to **** off isn't obviously work either
Only people that don't know how to socialize with women. It's not hard. Women aren't some alien species that speak a different language, they're human like you or me. If anyone has problems getting a woman's attention, or keeping a woman's attention, then you're going after the wrong women, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post

Sorry I LOL'd at the video. Is that supposed to be funny or serious? What I meant by my comment was, men need to realize, and feel comfortable with, that even though you're single, there's always someone out there for you. If you're not getting any dates, or not having your feelings returned in kind, then you're going after the wrong women. This MGTOW ****, is reading way too much into something that is most likely a simple problem, and easy to overcome.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:03 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Well, tomorrow's snowstorm that I had hopes for earlier in the week is looking like it'll be one massive disappointment.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:13 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Honestly, I'd rather get no snow at all, or have it be well above freezing with a 100% certainty of all rain than this nonsense where we might get one inch of snow but a lot of rain along with it. Ruins my mood because it irks me to no end.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:14 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,458,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Well, tomorrow's snowstorm that I had hopes for earlier in the week is looking like it'll be one massive disappointment.
I learned my lesson a while ago: here in the mid-Atlantic, never keep high hopes for snow If you keep low standards, then you won't be disappointed during these "tease snowstorms," and on the other hand it's a real joy when it does in fact snow.

That's my current philosophy at least. Hopefully, someday, I'll move to the upper Midwest where I no longer have to apply this depressing viewpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather