Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,970,998 times

Advertisements

Lol, I know most people hate the snow and the cold but I LOVE it. Of course that could be because I spent my childhood in Florida. I moved to the mountains of NC about seven years ago and I swear saw a total of maybe FOUR inches. We moved to Kentucky this past August, and some models of this weekend storm say we get some snow, some say all rain. The suspense is killing me, lmao, so ... all I want for Christmas is atleast ONE GOOD SNOW!

But my question is: Where is a white Christmas the norm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 06:29 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,492,720 times
I live in Keene NH and we've had snow on the ground for almost a month now. White Christmas's are norm but you know sometimes its a hit or miss. I'm currently under a heavy snow warning right now with an additional 6-10 inches on top of the 3 we have already on the ground. It won't get warm enough to melt before christmas so it will be a white one this year.. Plus its BEAUTIFUL up here. It feels like christmas once the snow falls. For right now the probability for a white Christmas according to the weather channel is 100% can't get any more certain that that!

Last edited by Tarastomsgirl; 12-13-2007 at 06:51 AM..

Old 12-13-2007, 06:41 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,008,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
Lol, I know most people hate the snow and the cold but I LOVE it. Of course that could be because I spent my childhood in Florida. I moved to the mountains of NC about seven years ago and I swear saw a total of maybe FOUR inches. We moved to Kentucky this past August, and some models of this weekend storm say we get some snow, some say all rain. The suspense is killing me, lmao, so ... all I want for Christmas is atleast ONE GOOD SNOW!

I grew up in western Kentucky and white Christmas was rare...it always seemed to rain. Here is a neat map that shows percentage change of 1 inch/5 inch/10 inch snow depts for various areas around the U.S. based on the last 40 years.

http://www.stormfax.com/whtexmas.htm

Certainly where I live....there is usually snow on the ground in December-January....very rare not to have some.

Dan

Old 12-13-2007, 06:46 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,868,928 times
Right now I live in Northern Maine and a white Christmas is almost a 100% guarantee. Right now we have about 20" on the ground and it looks like more this week-end again. Last year was one where there was no snow on the ground for Christmas, but nobody could remember the last time it had happened up here.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:38 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,410,260 times
Here in Chicagoland its kinda hit or miss. Some winters we have snow, others we dont. So far its looking like snow for Christmas, I just hope Im right! Christmas w/o snow sucks.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,933,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post

NEW HAMPSHIRE. We have a forum member from New Hampshire and they've been getting dumped on in a big way for weeks. And, they are in for another 18-20 inches this weekend. If you want snow, move to New Hampshire!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:41 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,933,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
I live in Keene NH and we've had snow on the ground for almost a month now. White Christmas's are norm but you know sometimes its a hit or miss. I'm currently under a heavy snow warning right now with an additional 6-10 inches on top of the 3 we have already on the ground. It won't get warm enough to melt before christmas so it will be a white one this year.. Plus its BEAUTIFUL up here. It feels like christmas once the snow falls. For right now the probability for a white Christmas according to the weather channel is 100% can't get any more certain that that!
I posted before I saw this Tarastomsgirl. Yes, NH is definitely snow-ville..

Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
The NE is getting a lot of snow today!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:22 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,275,852 times
We usually have a white Christmas here in southeast Idaho.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:06 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
New England is likely to get a big snowstorm this weekend as a coastal low develops. It will be a fast moving intense storm with snow totals up to 1 foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather