Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2014, 04:04 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,732,125 times

Advertisements

^^ Did you get a storm? Those radishes Cambium posted made me hungry. Gonna have to eat something again.

Spoiler
The afternoon started cloudy

Trachycarpus

Another one. I think the grandma thought I was photographing her house.

Stalingrad square

I like these houses

Heading north. Maybe that's why this church tower kinda resembles a Flemish belfry?

More palms

Where the 2005 French riots started

On the other side of the hill

Sign says "offices to rent". Obviously, they're not succesful.

New social housing. Wonder how it'll look like in 2040.

Maybe like this?

Nearest transit station

Steep street

Doesn't look like social housing

Pedestrians took over the street

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 05:00 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
lol. Ahh. Yes they do. String Beans, Herbs, Lettuce, Beets, the small crops, Broccoli, Strawberries. But "wet" is a delicate balance. No plant (except trees & shrubs but even still) likes it too wet. The roots don't like to be sogged.

It's like when your thirsty you drink and feel revived but you force your self to keep drinking and drinking and drinking.. You'll feel bloated and like crap. Maybe not the best analogy. lol
Btw, some of my mom's plants are really happy. Her hostas are huge. Maybe I'll post a photo of her garden.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:08 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
^^ Did you get a storm? Those radishes Cambium posted made me hungry. Gonna have to eat something again.
Nice photos of Paris, you take them on a bicycle.

Quote:
Where the 2005 French riots started

Quote:
Sign says "offices to rent". Obviously, they're not succesful.
There's a building off the LIRR tracks, about 20 minutes before Penn Station, that had a big sign: "if you rented here, you'd be at work already!" Old six-story warehouse. Not successful, sign has been there for over a decade. Decayed look probably didn't help, some windows were out.

Quote:
Steep street
Like that view

Quote:
Pedestrians took over the street
looks lively

Old 06-14-2014, 05:14 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Why is it that there is always a Peugeot in French pictures? Every single time.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:34 AM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
View from my Roof. Weather is stunning this morning. Perfect hiking weather!

Old 06-15-2014, 01:06 PM

Went to visit my Dad in New Rochelle NY on the coast... This is a little inlet off the Long Island Sound. I grew up playing here all the time. This area got flooded with a few NorEasters and Hurricanes.. I used to come down here and film storms in the 90s.

Across the way is called 5 Island Park. Need a pass to get in there. View of NYC, the Bridges to Long island, and of course Long island.

In 10 minutes the dock went from mud to half foot of water.

Quick tide came in! I don't think I ever realized how quick it came in.

10 minutes later the ducks were coming in with the tide.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:11 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,732,125 times
I wonder how big are tides there. Looks like the big Fundy-like tides are north of Cape Cod, but world maps aren't precise enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
There's a building off the LIRR tracks, about 20 minutes before Penn Station, that had a big sign: "if you rented here, you'd be at work already!" Old six-story warehouse. Not successful, sign has been there for over a decade. Decayed look probably didn't help, some windows were out.
Clever advertising. I would rent there if I had a business.

Btw, I traveled a lot today.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I wonder how big are tides there.
Check out this timelapse video I took during Tropical Storm Irene in that spot. Notice the 2nd day the water never went back out. I've seen the deck get totally flooded in some NorEasters. I think Irene didn't hit during High tide

Watch in 1080HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SchMonGTIGs

Old 06-15-2014, 06:03 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,689,589 times
Quote:
I wonder how big are tides there. Looks like the big Fundy-like tides are north of Cape Cod, but world maps aren't precise enough.

Clever advertising. I would rent there if I had a business.

Btw, I traveled a lot today.
They have one in Leicester too.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:31 PM

29,526 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Nice warm evening

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather