Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 01:58 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,584,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Yea but it's (1)six hours time difference. I tried it before and it was too much.

(2)Anyway yea I love fl. It's really convenient to get there..
(1) haha, come on, it's only 1 hours difference from Florida! Anyways Brisbane is 9 hours difference (wimp) LOL

(2) Fair enough, I'd defo want to visit Florida, particularly the Space Coast! I'm interested in Space so Florida is a place for me, plus I love warm to hot weather year round. I genuinely think Florida is much better than continental Chicago anyways!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 02:03 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,961,338 times
Quote:
Yea but it's six hours time difference. I tried it before and it was too much.

Anyway yea I love fl. It's really convenient to get there..
Boston is more convenient to get there, and is the closest US city to NI with direct flights. And, a lot less Spanish speakers in Boston and a hell of a lot more British-Americans

Old 10-30-2014, 02:08 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,209,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
(1) haha, come on, it's only 1 hours difference from Florida! Anyways Brisbane is 9 hours difference (wimp) LOL

(2) Fair enough, I'd defo want to visit Florida, particularly the Space Coast! I'm interested in Space so Florida is a place for me, plus I love warm to hot weather year round. I genuinely think Florida is much better than continental Chicago anyways!
It's actually a lot when you add it up. It's half a day. I've been twice and actually seen quite a tone of it for the number of times. Last time we were near the space area and I wanted to visit but they didn't want to. You should goto the south of Florida it's really pretty with a really tropical landscape and beautiful water, Orlando is dull and flat.. Ugh it's awful and so humid. It rains less in the south aswell

Old 10-30-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Boston is more convenient to get there, and is the closest US city to NI with direct flights. And, a lot less Spanish speakers in Boston and a hell of a lot more British-Americans
Yes it's 2,900 miles but I just fly to ewr as it has a tram and I know it well. We flew over it the last time.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
It's actually a lot when you add it up. It's half a day. I've been twice and actually seen quite a tone of it for the number of times. Last time we were near the space area and I wanted to visit but they didn't want to. You should goto the south of Florida it's really pretty with a really tropical landscape and beautiful water, Orlando is dull and flat.. Ugh it's awful and so humid. It rains less in the south aswell
Fair enough... I will defo go to the Southern part if (should I say when) I go there?

Old 10-30-2014, 02:14 PM

Yea I swear Orlando is SO overrated. Holiday of lifetime my arse.

Anyway yea go and stay in WPB or Fort Lauderdale miss out Miami because it's a dump and its not even really like the rest of Florida. I would recommend going to the beaches there, the Jupiter pier and also the Vero beach is where we went.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Anyway yea go and stay in WPB or Fort Lauderdale miss out Miami because it's a dump and its not even really like the rest of Florida. I would recommend going to the beaches there, the Jupiter pier and also the Vero beach is where we went.
Your making me really want to go! Sod the British dark winter! I want Southern Florida, and NOW!

Old 10-30-2014, 02:17 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,556,943 times
Quote:
The only reason to go to Orlando is for theme parks. Otherwise, the coast beaches have more to do and see.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:18 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,556,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I went to Boston and found lots of black people speaking Spanish being festive. Temperature was in the low 70s, dew point around 50°F. Won't find that in mid-July in Florida.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Your making me really want to go! Sod the British dark winter! I want Southern Florida, and NOW!
I want to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather