Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 07:10 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,473,969 times

Advertisements

Do you feel Wunderground stations are all inaccurate temp-wise (besides the airport locations)?

I feel half are innacurate but the others are accurate, especially the ones that start with KCA (in the Los Angeles Area Wunderground Map).

i prefer Wunderground readings to weather.com readings since it gives a better understanding of the ranges of microclimates, but I dont base my posts off of wunderground because of the general belief that all weather stations are inaccurate.

WunderMap® | Interactive Weather Map and Radar | Weather Underground

example of KCA station is...Perris Weather | Personal Weather Station: KCAPERRI4 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground or Historic District Weather | Personal Weather Station: KCAGLEND9 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground ...

after seeing some 'KCA" reporting stations do you feel they are innacurate?

i think its a good site to find data but stop myself from posting wunderground data here because of the general belief of the inaccuracy of this site, so i would like to know your opinions and see if i could use wunderground (KCA Stations) as a source for my posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 07:25 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Not if the KCA stations give the impression that L.A.'s climate is the same as Puerto Vallarta's

Old 10-30-2014, 07:27 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times
Some are. But there's 10 near me and so I monitor them, they all report similar temps so it doesn't seem to be too bad. You can spot the odd ones.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Not if the KCA stations give the impression that L.A.'s climate is the same as Puerto Vallarta's
How is that? None report humidity on its level, nor lows on the level of Vallarta...

So then all are, according to you?

I think they are fine though, I just want to see the popular opinion and see if me posting wunderground readings in the future won't get people all upset.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:46 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Wunderground includes the airports so I see no need to rely on personal stations.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Wunderground includes the airports so I see no need to rely on personal stations.
but these KCA Stations are more numerous and give more insight into specific microclimates.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:14 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
How is that? None report humidity on its level, nor lows on the level of Vallarta...

So then all are, according to you?

I think they are fine though, I just want to see the popular opinion and see if me posting wunderground readings in the future won't get people all upset.
I was just taking potshots of you claiming that your microclimate is very frequently in the 70s to 80s all winter long

Old 10-30-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I was just taking potshots of you claiming that your microclimate is very frequently in the 70s to 80s all winter long
but i dont claim that.

My microclimate is on average low 70s highs in winter months (so yeah 70s all winter long), and sees (if USC sees 10 days of 80 F + weather, im estimating since we dont have a weather station) about 15-20 days of 80 F+. Yes 70s all winter long, but not 80s all winter long, 15-20 days of 80 F does not equate 3 months (or 90 days) of 80 F in winter.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:24 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
Do you feel Wunderground stations are all inaccurate temp-wise (besides the airport locations)?

I feel half are innacurate but the others are accurate, especially the ones that start with KCA (in the Los Angeles Area Wunderground Map).

i prefer Wunderground readings to weather.com readings since it gives a better understanding of the ranges of microclimates, but I dont base my posts off of wunderground because of the general belief that all weather stations are inaccurate.

WunderMap® | Interactive Weather Map and Radar | Weather Underground

example of KCA station is...Perris Weather | Personal Weather Station: KCAPERRI4 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground or Historic District Weather | Personal Weather Station: KCAGLEND9 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground ...

after seeing some 'KCA" reporting stations do you feel they are innacurate?

i think its a good site to find data but stop myself from posting wunderground data here because of the general belief of the inaccuracy of this site, so i would like to know your opinions and see if i could use wunderground (KCA Stations) as a source for my posts.
I find Wunderground to be just about identical with my own observations for Marion allowing for slight variations as the airport is 40 miles away.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I find Wunderground to be just about identical with my own observations for Marion allowing for slight variations as the airport is 40 miles away.
Nice, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather