Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 09:25 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times

Advertisements

I can't remember the last time we've double figure temps, temperatures never drop below 100c...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 10:58 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
Yeah I know a few Orlando-area people who come down here to PBC during those arctic cold spells!

In any case, the Kissimmee Prairie by Okeechobee is beautiful. Just don't go in the summer without your camel.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:22 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
yep, i was out today buying a christmas tree... brrrr...... nothing puts me in the christmas mood like 80 degree temps.... way too cold to be christmas time.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:29 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
yep, i was out today buying a christmas tree... brrrr...... nothing puts me in the christmas mood like 80 degree temps.... way too cold to be christmas time.
That would ruin Christmas for me. It should be cold for everything Christmas-related. 80 degrees? Ugh.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:33 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,925,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
It's a surprise that anyone could live in this arctic hell. The climate is one of the worst on Earth! Even temperate species such as coconut palms cannot survive here. It's so cold that nights can get below 70F IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER.
An amateur climatologist might suggest that it gets warm during the summer. However, we all know this is an extremely rare occurrence caused by the current warm epoch. Even if summer days manage to rise above the lukewarm 95F mark, the sun will soon be gone and will be followed by almost 12 HOURS OF DARKNESS. Additionally, the risk of freezing temperatures lasts for most of the year. Frosts have happened in fall, winter, and spring. That's 75% of the year. Therefore, only 25%, or 3 months, are frost-free. No wonder Florida farmers abandoned the state in favor of the tropical Great Plains, which have been known to have weeks of 100F+ temperatures and abundant precipitation.

The vegetation of Central Florida reflects it's freezing climate. Conifers (which include fir and spruce), widely known to only inhabit subarctic areas, cover some of the area. The region is mostly a tundra, with the only plants being grasses due to the extremely short growing season. This can be seen here - http://goo.gl/maps/64afq. Also, notice the reindeer in the picture. These animals that are only native to polar areas.

So, the sophomoric claim that Central Florida is subtropical is now debunked.
Only fools mock the concepts they cannot understand...

Old 12-07-2014, 02:38 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post
Only fools mock the concepts they cannot understand...
^ Such a sophomoric comment. True climatologists rely on Charles Dickens and Native American manuscripts when studying climates.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:37 PM

9 posts, read 6,777 times
Buxton's altitude means that the sun is so strong most days of the year that it can set your hair on fire - oh and I can power my whole house from a 5" square solar panel with ease.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:15 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
Florida is the only place in America worthy of the title, "subtropical paradise". Not sure about New Orleans and the surrounds (the Deep South).

Old 12-08-2014, 01:17 AM

2,068 posts, read 2,925,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Florida is the only place in America worthy of the title, "subtropical paradise". Not sure about New Orleans and the surrounds (the Deep South).
The ENTIRE Coastal South is subtropical paradise, not just Florida. Blessed with copious amounts of rain in the summer, and graced by warmth, and sunshine during winter. The Coastal South is a climactic orgasm, an Eden like no other.

Tropical flora turns up a lot in the native Southern landscape; mangrove swamps line the entire coastline up to Georgia, mahogany trees grow in the thick coastal forests, and spanish moss and other bromeliads adorn nearly every tree. Furthermore, tropical animals like jaguars, ocelots, monkeys, flamingos, parrots, parakeets, pythons, and crocodiles are known to survive in South. If that isn't paradise, then I don't know what is.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:11 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post
The ENTIRE Coastal South is subtropical paradise, not just Florida. Blessed with copious amounts of rain in the summer, and graced by warmth, and sunshine during winter. The Coastal South is a climactic orgasm, an Eden like no other.

Tropical flora turns up a lot in the native Southern landscape; mangrove swamps line the entire coastline up to Georgia, mahogany trees grow in the thick coastal forests, and spanish moss and other bromeliads adorn nearly every tree. Furthermore, tropical animals like jaguars, ocelots, monkeys, flamingos, parrots, parakeets, pythons, and crocodiles are known to survive in South. If that isn't paradise, then I don't know what is.
Somewhere that doesn't actually get large amounts of snow, frost, subzero temperatures and is warm all year round? Somewhere like erm maybe that has a TROPICAL CLIMATE? maybe?

Maybe..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather