Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 03:22 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longaotian View Post
Is there some really good aspect to Londons climate that is hiding away when looking at the stats, hmm maybe 30C average highs in summer, ahhh I don't think so, LOL.
I would hardly call 52 hours of sunshine in December "Quite pleasant", and I don't think many others would either
Are we to believe that all the 'other' big cities in Europe or around the world have 30C average Summer highs? Or they all have hundreds of hours of sunshine in December? You do realise don't you that the sun in London in December only rises 15 degrees above the horizon right? Do you also realise that Berlin, Amsterdam, Warsaw, Moscow, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki, Copenhagen (to name but a few) are all even further north than London and therefore the sun is even less above the horizon in December, are all of these cities basking in 30 degree heat and endless hours of sunshine at Christmas? So I ask again why does London have the lousiest climate of 'any' big city in the world exactly? I comfortably cycle to work every month of the year its hardly 'hell' Especially when you consider there are big cities in this world where people die because of the climate? Is death worse than low winter sunshine hours? You don't know what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 03:41 AM

269 posts, read 199,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Are we to believe that all the 'other' big cities in Europe or around the world have 30C average Summer highs? Or they all have hundreds of hours of sunshine in December? You do realise don't you that the sun in London in December only rises 15 degrees above the horizon right? Do you also realise that Berlin, Amsterdam, Warsaw, Moscow, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki, Copenhagen (to name but a few) are all even further north than London and therefore the sun is even less above the horizon in December, are all of these cities basking in 30 degree heat and endless hours of sunshine at Christmas? So I ask again why does London have the lousiest climate of 'any' big city in the world exactly? I comfortably cycle to work every month of the year its hardly 'hell' Especially when you consider there are big cities in this world where people die because of the climate? Is death worse than low winter sunshine hours? You don't know what you're talking about.
No one knows you know what your talking about you don't know. Londons climate is trash and everyone knows it

Old 10-27-2017, 03:56 AM

Quote:
No one knows you know what your talking about you don't know. Londons climate is trash and everyone knows it
No they don't, try reading some responses on here! You are simply quoting (quite frankly) ridiculous stereotypical b*******. You don't even know London's climate, You fail to explain why London's climate is any worse than Paris, Oslo, Berlin, Moscow, Copenhagen etc etc, you don't even take into account how some of the worlds climates can kill! So I ask you again, why is London's climate 'the worlds lousiest' exactly?

Old 10-27-2017, 04:52 AM

269 posts, read 199,829 times
Quote:
No they don't, try reading some responses on here! You are simply quoting (quite frankly) ridiculous stereotypical b*******. You don't even know London's climate, You fail to explain why London's climate is any worse than Paris, Oslo, Berlin, Moscow, Copenhagen etc etc, you don't even take into account how some of the worlds climates can kill! So I ask you again, why is London's climate 'the worlds lousiest' exactly?
......never said it has the worlds lousiest climate!.
(Even if it isn't the worlds lousiest climate, it's trash so there's no point in trying to defend it)

Old 10-27-2017, 05:15 AM

Quote:
......never said it has the worlds lousiest climate!.
(Even if it isn't the worlds lousiest climate, it's trash so there's no point in trying to defend it)
Well considering the question posed I fail to see why you answer yes? I would say 'trash' climates are ones that kill wouldn't you? London may not have the worlds best weather but it is a LONG way from being one of the worst, and it is almost identical to Paris for one example of many, are we to believe that Paris has a 'trash' climate too? I'm sure the next time people that live in cities that have been destroyed by hurricanes, typhoon's or tsunami's will count their lucky stars they're not living in the comfortable benign London climate, I reckon the next time somebody in Moscow is digging their way out of a 5ft snow drift just to get to work they will be thanking their lucky stars they're not having to put on a jacket to combat the mild winter air in London right? I think the woman I know who lost her toe's to frostbite in Canada just because of a late bus thinks how lucky she was being there instead of at a mild, cloudy bus stop in London. If we are to believe that London has the lousiest climate of any big city in this world we need to hear legitimate reasons why this is so.

Last edited by easthome; 10-27-2017 at 05:31 AM..

Old 10-27-2017, 07:59 AM

658 posts, read 359,799 times
I used to live near there - definitely not a bad climate in any sense - certainly no worse than any other in Northern/North western Europe. No uncomfortable heat or cold at any time of year. The idea it could have one of the worst climates in the world is pretty retarded in all honesty.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northnomad View Post
I used to live near there - definitely not a bad climate in any sense - certainly no worse than any other in Northern/North western Europe. No uncomfortable heat or cold at any time of year. The idea it could have one of the worst climates in the world is pretty retarded in all honesty.
This exactly.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:02 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,732,125 times
Quote:
London may not have the worlds best weather but it is a LONG way from being one of the worst, and it is almost identical to Paris for one example of many, are we to believe that Paris has a 'trash' climate too?
Yup, Paris does have a rubbish climate too!

Old 10-27-2017, 03:43 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Why Los Angeles?

I understand Brisbane because of its long, humid summers and Mecca for its scorching year round weather. But LA?

1+
LA just isn't my idea of a good climate.

Dry and very little variety.

No distinctive seasons.

A lot of people apparently like it.

I just like Dfb climates with Cfc climates coming in a close 2nd

LA would bore me to tears with its steady weather and the constant sunshine would drive me nuts, lol

Old 10-27-2017, 04:45 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,273,729 times
London climate is not bad.

Many places have worse climates....

Most tropical climates are worse.

Most desert climates are worse.

Subarctic and arctic climates are worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather