Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 05:39 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
No emptier than N.I....LOL. Massachusetts is actually a densely populated state. If you want empty, you should see what Wyoming looks like...lol.
Yes, my bike rides are usually towards emptier areas, and I'm in the less populated part of the state. The photos from the previous post are obviously not from somewhere empty. Some people assume since the overall population density is high, there's not much undeveloped land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 05:46 AM

83,523 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Neat they managed to squeeze trees in. I wonder if the buildings get issues from their roots?
I wonder that too. You can see the sidewalk being disturbed for sure. We got similar situation in downtown areas here (not the narrow streets, the trees with cement/bricks around them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
and everything is blooming:
Nice pics!

Quote:
Bike ride today. At least the daffodils are out:
Looking down the road
New camera? Great photos! Clouds came out perfect with the lighting at the surface.
I like that down the road photo. Has everything from dense trees, views of the hill, open field. Just needs a dirt road in the shot..

All I have are Daffodils and Hyacinths. Tulips never came out. There's barely any flowers or colors on the ground from bulbs. Weird. Just from people buying the cell trays of flowers and planting them. The annuals. Perennials having a hard time this year

================================

4/26/15

2 weeks away from transplanting. I need to figure out how to slow the growth a bit for the Tomatoes. So healthy but so early. Damn. Miracle Grow Organic Soil. Plants have never been fertilized at all. Soil, Water, Light, and Air flow. That's it.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:58 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
No emptier than N.I....LOL. Massachusetts is actually a densely populated state. If you want empty, you should see what Wyoming looks like...lol.
Er we have a density of 300 people per square mile.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:59 AM

Soil still 38-41°F. Gets 8 hours of sun a day.

I might put black plastic down to get a jump start.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:12 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Er we have a density of 300 people per square mile.
Yes, that's lower than the state as a whole, which 840 people per square mile. The county I live in is exactly 300 per square mile.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Yes, that's lower than the state as a whole, which 840 people per square mile. The county I live in is exactly 300 per square mile.
My county is 1467. Most of that comes from the SW end. Which borders NY. Stamford alone is constructing a ton of buildings lately. Going up like mushrooms when I drive by! Trying to become a mini NYC.

State of CT is 738 PPSM.

State and County QuickFacts

Old 04-26-2015, 07:06 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,805,277 times

the birches started blooming here 2-3 days ago.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:41 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
My county is 1467. Most of that comes from the SW end. Which borders NY. Stamford alone is constructing a ton of buildings lately. Going up like mushrooms when I drive by! Trying to become a mini NYC.

State of CT is 738 PPSM.

State and County QuickFacts
My county is 2885

And here I am, living on a 3/4 acre lot...lol.

Georgia as a whole has 168 ppl per square mile. Lots of empty space out in the hinterlands.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:55 AM

341 posts, read 341,468 times
You live in one of the most stupidly and recklessly designed cities on earth in which useless suburbanization takes huge amount of space, so I hope that 3/4 is mentioned as too much.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:00 AM

5,039 posts, read 4,354,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

2 weeks away from transplanting. I need to figure out how to slow the growth a bit for the Tomatoes. So healthy but so early. Damn. Miracle Grow Organic Soil. Plants have never been fertilized at all. Soil, Water, Light, and Air flow. That's it.
My tomatoes haven't been doing that well due to the excessive rainfall we've received. I trimmed off the bottom branches that turned brown & yellow, so hopefully that will help.

I haven't been able to plant anything recently since the ground has stayed saturated. More storms in the forecast tomorrow, which will likely bring another inch or two of rain. So I may not be able to plant anything until next weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather