Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,510 times

Advertisements

How about Arizona? Any reports on air quality or ease of breathing there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 10:32 PM

26,422 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebopop View Post
Actually, yes ... we are looking at NC. It appears that they have a much milder winter climate in some areas. And although they do have humidity, it's not nearly as bad as Florida, for example. (My son's wedding was in FL. My makeup dripped off my face and this was in MAY!)

It's the severe cold and long periods of high humidity that really affects him badly. I don't know about the altitude situation because frankly, we've not been anywhere in high altitudes. But, it's my understanding that it's not good for him to be over 3,000 feet.

Thanks for your input. I'm definitely going to give a long look at NC.
I would highly recommend you look at Cookeville and Crossville TN. These two towns and surrounding rural areas are becoming quite retiree friendly. The climate is a very mild four season variety. Temperatures are never too warm or cold, and the humidity values are tolerable due to the elevation being 1500-2000ft.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:25 PM

26,422 posts, read 46,591,155 times
I think Spokane, WA has pretty good air quality as well.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,981 times
The Health of mine is declining quickly and I NEED A better low coast ,near Doctor, and I still have kids @ home gdhlpme 13,16pregnet I am 49 and tired need low humidity. I am stuck in aRkansas love it but health is not! were can I go? any suggestion please. oh only in the U>S>A> [email]FireFly1910@live.com[/email] thanks Laura

Old 06-25-2010, 12:13 AM

2 posts, read 3,981 times
You know I was wondering the same thing I heard it is good but is it to hot or cold? I will check ferther let me now what u find out too ok. [EMAIL="FireFly1910@live.com"]FireFly1910@live.com[/EMAIL]

Old 10-04-2011, 06:58 AM

2 posts, read 3,150 times
I have been living with emphysemia for 13 years and have been told to stay on oxygen full time . I dont use it very often and dont use my inhailers either. I wasnt doing to bad until I moved from the the northern california coast to the Piedmont winston/salem area.The first years wasnt bad weather ,last two have been high humidity and hot hot weather. Winters also have gotten worse. My breathing has gotten a lot worse . The humidity is pretty constant .I am going to try to move back to the Bay area.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:05 AM

2 posts, read 3,150 times
I forgot to mention that living at 50' above sea level was easier to breath than living at 987. If I get above 1,000 ' it gets hard to breathe so that limits me to the places I can live.I guess not all folks are the same . Best check it out before you move there. I thought I would be ok in nc but the weather has changed a lot in the past three years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather