Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 08:17 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
I get swarmed at all hours of the day back home.
I thought they avoided the daytime heat/sun. That must suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
That's shocking. I can't go outside for more than 2 mins in the evening here without getting molested by those incessant little ****ers.
I hate them, and I hate killing them, but they ask for it. The huge ones are the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
That tends to happen when you go on a holiday.
You took the words right out of my mouth lol.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:45 PM

83,525 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Interesting. I know i wake up with migraines when its too warm and i sleep great when its cold. But keep 1 foot out? I'll just keep the temp below 63°F instead

Sleep Hack: Keep Your Feet Outside Your Covers -- Science of Us

connection between sleep and temperature.

" Sleep researchers know that right before you fall asleep, your body temperature starts to drop; in the deepest stages of sleep, your body is at its coolest, about one or two degrees below normal.

Some scientists believe cooler temperatures cause sleepiness, and although the pre-slumber cooling process happens naturally, there are a few things you can do to help it along, like taking a warm bath right before bed, for example. When you leave the tub, your body temperature rapidly cools, triggering that sleepy feeling. A warm beverage works the same way. "

Old 07-13-2015, 09:00 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,278,462 times
Wonder what snj90 would say to this?

I, Racist*|*John Metta

Old 07-14-2015, 02:40 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,186,539 times
Current temperature in Nashville, TN is 82 F / 28 C... at 3:31 am. Dew point is 74 F / 23 C, so heat index is 88 F / 31 C. What the honda?

On Sunday, July 12 I saw something I very rarely see. Around noon a thunderstorm came through, dropping temperatures from about 91 F / 33 C to probably mid-high 70s F / 23-26 C. Dew point was around 75 F / 24 C. The storm let up at around 12:30 and temperatures came rocketing up. At about 12:47 steam was seen rising from the rain puddles the storm had created. At that time I rode in my 158th 2008-present Honda Accord. It was a 2009 silver sedan and I'm glad these Hondas have A/C. The temperature was at least 86 F / 30 C by this time. My car said 89 F / 32 C around the early 12:50s.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:48 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Wonder what snj90 would say to this?

I, Racist*|*John Metta
I don't have time to read it all. From what I've read it sounds like the same drivel I've heard before. I have heard it all before. I'm guessing the author didn't go on to mention any racial crime rate disparities or any other facts inconvenient to his rant. When all is said and done, I support the right of our people to self determination and to survival. I notice that angle is never discussed. Every other people is accorded the right to preserve themselves, but only white countries are told they have to become "multicultural," the end result of which is our numerical decline. The Japanese, for instance, aren't expected to open their borders and look forward to becoming minorities in their own land. So why should we?

I don't want that. Do you? Stop reading leftist garbage.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:55 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I started riding a lot once I went to college. How much do you usually ride? Think my riding the last couple months has had me lose weight.
It varies greatly. I ride most days. Usually for 20-30 minutes or so. I feel bad if I go a day without riding, but I'm not always able.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:57 AM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
It grinds my gears how some people expect everything handed to them on a plate. They whinge & whine & slag off the very people they sponge off, yet glady accept copious amounts of money off them & they are too lazy to go out & get a job & earn their own money. They sure will have a shock when they are booted out into the real world one day

Old 07-14-2015, 05:47 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I don't have time to read it all. From what I've read it sounds like the same drivel I've heard before. I have heard it all before. I'm guessing the author didn't go on to mention any racial crime rate disparities or any other facts inconvenient to his rant. When all is said and done, I support the right of our people to self determination and to survival. I notice that angle is never discussed. Every other people is accorded the right to preserve themselves, but only white countries are told they have to become "multicultural," the end result of which is our numerical decline. The Japanese, for instance, aren't expected to open their borders and look forward to becoming minorities in their own land. So why should we?

I don't want that. Do you? Stop reading leftist garbage.
What are you even talking about? You sound like a crazy old man, nothing you said had anything to do with the article.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:11 AM

83,525 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
The Japanese, for instance, aren't expected to open their borders and look forward to becoming minorities in their own land. So why should we?
I think im liking Trump more and more. He might be what America needs. He's that "slap in face" type leader. He realizes whats going on in the U.S and why he wants to build the Mexican wall.

Bill O was giving him crooked looks during his interview and i think Don needs to tone it down a notch in order to get extra votes but he's the wake up call we need.

I like when he said "we havent had a victory in a very long time" U.S is the dumping ground. There's too many illegals here!
"We dont need another Bush". Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJkaLFGFSgE&app=desktop

Old 07-14-2015, 06:12 AM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
If you're already a minority, why should you think it's a problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather