Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 04:01 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times

Advertisements

I've watched American football when it shows here - usually at 4am - and I found it boring, like most other sports. I don't get what's so exciting about watching people kicking and throwing balls around.

Still, European football has the kind of appeal and exposure that American football doesn't, so is infinitely more popular on a global basis.

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Yeah I do. I used to watch a lot of Italian Football 10-15 years ago, but not so much now.
It's about time the Milan clubs, particularly AC, become great again. I find it quite sad actually how such a great club like AC Milan, which is IMO ranked alongside Real Madrid as a European giant, has become so poor in recent years. I'm guessing there have been money problems?
I remember watching players like George Weah, Cafu, Maldini, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Inzaghi etc and just being in awe of how good they were.

Hopefully those days will come back.
Those were the days

We are slowly coming back though, we are about to build a new 48k seater close to the center of Milan and 48% of the club has just been bought by a Thailandese billionaire (Bee Taechaubol) yesterday.

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Im just saying that i have never seen one here, maybe because the people on average, especially here in Southern Italy, seems to care a bit more (too much for my liking) about their appearance. I may be wrong though.
I find it surprising that a warm climate like Southern Italy doesn't have basketball shorts. And yeah, I don't mind if someone dresses in the latest fashion or whatever, but I despise when people judge other people off of something so trivial who gives a **** what the next person is wearing?

Old 08-04-2015, 04:09 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
That road seems ridiculously dangerous and poorly designed. Merging into a plaza at the same lane as the exit ramp of a highway seems pretty stupid to do.
This is also really, really awful. Only it's a shorter distance to the light compared to the example G8RCAT posted. And there's a red light camera at the intersection.

https://encrypted.google.com/maps/@3...KHZg!2e0?hl=en

And don't even get me started on 322 from PA to NJ. You merge onto I-95 in the left lane (and it's a short merge too), and to get to the bridge to NJ, you have to cross over three lanes in about a 3/4 mile.

https://encrypted.google.com/maps/@3...-YGQ!2e0?hl=en

As soon as you get on, you can even see the sign for the bridge. A 3/4 mile on the right!

Old 08-04-2015, 04:11 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
That road seems ridiculously dangerous and poorly designed. Merging into a plaza at the same lane as the exit ramp of a highway seems pretty stupid to do.
What a cluster****. Which lanes go which direction changes based on the time of day, indicated by electronic arrow signs above the road. It was problematic in my first days of driving. One morning I turned off of that road in the left turn lane, with an arrow. Then the next morning I went back to the turn lane (I guess half an hour later or something), and this time saw traffic coming towards me down that lane and I had to quickly turn around.

Quote:
Oh, the American one, i have tried watching the Super Bowl once since it's the only game of it they usually broadcast, i just couldn't watch it due to constant ad breaks.
Lol, that game is known for commercials.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:11 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
Mother and sister are going to get drenched. I think a storm is coming

Old 08-04-2015, 04:15 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
But the play itself is much faster. With soccer, although play is more continuous, there's a lot less excitement. Also a lot more strategy involved in American football compared to soccer.
Americans seem obsessed with scoring, even a 0-0 can be exciting if the two teams make many shots on goal. Strategy is also quite important in soccer, although probably not as much as in gridiron, just watch the way Mourinho set his defense up against an attacking minded, high pressing team like Barcelona.

Probably, that's a thing casual viewer may not notice.

Quote:
I can imagine... can't beat Neapolitan pizza.
And the thing is that it is even cheaper there too. Never been a great fan of pizza but if i lived there i would eat it almost everyday, especially the ones at Sorbillo, Napoli in Bocca or Da Michele is great even though you have to wait as they are usually crowded both a lunch and at dinner.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
This is also really, really awful. Only it's a shorter distance to the light compared to the example G8RCAT posted. And there's a red light camera at the intersection.

https://encrypted.google.com/maps/@3...KHZg!2e0?hl=en

And don't even get me started on 322 from PA to NJ. You merge onto I-95 in the left lane (and it's a short merge too), and to get to the bridge to NJ, you have to cross over three lanes in about a 3/4 mile.

https://encrypted.google.com/maps/@3...-YGQ!2e0?hl=en

As soon as you get on, you can even see the sign for the bridge. A 3/4 mile on the right!
Jesus Christ that is terrible, I wonder what engineers and road designers think when they create monstrosities like these ones. That's extremely dangerous, and 3/4ths of a mile is honestly in a lot of cases not nearly enough time to switch over 3 lanes.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
What a cluster****. Which lanes go which direction changes based on the time of day, indicated by electronic arrow signs above the road. It was problematic in my first days of driving. One morning I turned off of that road in the left turn lane, with an arrow. Then the next morning I went back to the turn lane (I guess half an hour later or something), and this time saw traffic coming towards me down that lane and I had to quickly turn around.

Lol, that game is known for commercials.
That sounds horrible, luckily we have nothing like that here in South FL (at least to my knowledge) though there are some awful intersections. Thank god we don't though, by how moronic people drive down here. I think I would trust someone from Lexington, KY or NJ more than a South FL resident to not die on those lol

Old 08-04-2015, 04:21 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Americans seem obsessed with scoring, even a 0-0 can be exciting if the two teams make many shots on goal. Strategy is also quite important in soccer, although probably not as much as in gridiron, just watch the way Mourinho set his defense up against an attacking minded, high pressing team like Barcelona.

Probably, that's a thing casual viewer may not notice.
American football can be low scoring. It's definitely not scoring that makes American football more exciting.

Quote:
And the thing is that it is even cheaper there too. Never been a great fan of pizza but if i lived there i would eat it almost everyday, especially the ones at Sorbillo, Napoli in Bocca or Da Michele is great even though you have to wait as they are usually crowded both a lunch and at dinner.
It's surprising that there's such a big difference in the quality of pizza where you live compared to Naples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather