Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 07:30 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I can't lie. You used a $500 dollar word there on me....had to look up what it meant lol. Yes, I agree though.

The comments in this thread by some posters are disgusting:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...hour-fast.html
Do you speak Spanish? It's a cognate with odio.

Don't think I want to read that thread. P&OC gets my blood pressure through the roof. I try to avoid it.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:31 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,634 times
What on earth...?

Found this old picture of a roller coaster in Ocean City, Maryland. What looks like a queen palm is in the far right. Lots of fan palms too.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:32 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Repetitive, but its rainy season is variable enough to be interesting, and El Niño has big impacts. But I think asking for a prediction is a bit dumb, no one here has enough information to say much educated.

Eh, a thread asking will Minneapolis be below average / above average sounds just as bad. Minneapolis doesn't seem that interesting climate-wise, more in short term weather than in long-term trends. But Minneapolis seems like a more extreme version of my climate in a lot of ways, while California's patterns are... different. Any place where it gets hotter with altitude is kinda neat.
I think California as a state has an interesting climate with its variation and microclimates. But most of these threads are on LA in particular though. Which is an extremely boring climate, though I guess it's really just a matter of opinion. It's more annoying of how repetitive the threads are rather than the boring climate though.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Do you speak Spanish? It's a cognate with odio.

Don't think I want to read that thread. P&OC gets my blood pressure through the roof. I try to avoid it.
Yes, I speak Spanish. I speak it more than English lol....but yeah "Odio" translates to "Hate" in English. Thanks for the new word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
What on earth...?

Found this old picture of a roller coaster in Ocean City, Maryland. What looks like a queen palm is in the far right. Lots of fan palms too.
Maybe they cover the palms up during winter?

Old 07-21-2015, 07:39 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I think California as a state has an interesting climate with its variation and microclimates. But most of these threads are on LA in particular though. Which is an extremely boring climate, though I guess it's really just a matter of opinion. It's more annoying of how repetitive the threads are rather than the boring climate though.
LA is certainly not interesting weather-wise, most of the time. seems like there are less polls these days at least.

I closed that thread by that Swedish poster since it seemed like it was answered several times over but the guy wanted to keep asking anyway.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
LA is certainly not interesting weather-wise, most of the time. seems like there are less polls these days at least.

I closed that thread by that Swedish poster since it seemed like it was answered several times over but the guy wanted to keep asking anyway.
I'm wondering what kind of answer he was searching for. He obviously couldn't accept the fact that Coastal New England was the most similar to Stockholm. He even went as far as to suggest that WYOMING of all places is similar?

Old 07-21-2015, 08:02 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Katydids are noticeably louder than when I left.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:16 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
My sister is so silly lol

Old 07-21-2015, 11:43 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,657,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
I don't understand the introvert/extravert conflict. Why do the two always seem to hate each other?
I was an "extrovert" (in terms of always seeking attention) at 9-10 years old and "introvert" now, and I feel more close to "normal" (socially acceptable) now!

Just did some therapy, my "extrovert" period was really awful (eg. broke magnyfying glass simply to seek attention), i was 9 though so still a very child

Last edited by divisionbyzero0; 07-22-2015 at 12:10 AM..

Old 07-22-2015, 04:15 AM

13,485 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Those palms in that photo... Many resorts etc.. on the east coast plant new palms every year. They are cheap enough to be trucked up from Florida & usually just allowed to die. I remember seeing one beach somewhere where they truck in trunked coconut palms every summer!

My cat is not in my good books. Last night he brought in a gecko, which was bad enough, but when I caught him he was tail-less, so after releasing him into the garden I had to search around for the severed tail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather