Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2015, 05:25 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,518,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
See, my reputation has gone to the dumps :.

I was at dragoncon hanging out with my friend in Atlanta after obtaining consent from my father.
How was it - get to do much?

Sure were a lotta people down there, huh?

What I don't understand is why they don't just close the downtown streets to auto traffic - anybody driving down there with those crowds has got to be out of their mind. I booed the cars that blocked the crosswalks, too...lol.

Also, the Marriot (the main hotel of the Con - the really big one) needs to do something about their AC - the atrium area is just too hot. :/ Is it really that hard to cool a big indoor space (the 45-story atrium) like that? I bet they have no problem keeping it warm in winter. But at least the AC is good in the ballrooms and the like - feels so good to walk into those.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:35 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,405,865 times
Well, got back last night and it feels chilly outside, at least it's mostly sunny. What the hell though, we haven't had a decent start to September for a while! I bet come mid month we'll start seeing above average temperatures again for a sustained period, just when it gets too late to be that enjoyable

Old 09-06-2015, 05:37 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,951,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodleman556 View Post
who's ready for the AFL finals??? I'm thinking Hawthorn or Fremantle will win this year with WB being a wild card for the grand final.
If you don't know what AFL is, it's the biggest sports competition in Australia.
I wouldn't mind one of Fremantle, Western Bulldogs or Richmond winning the final. The latter two probably won't but I definitely don't want Hawthorn or Sydney to win it this year, they **** me to no end.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:55 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,303,338 times
Yeah, most people I know go for Freo or Eagles so I'm mainly supporting them (cause I'm neutral but also a die-hard fan). Yeah, WB might have a chance if they sustain their speed and energy for 4 quarters.

The weather for Fri (Haw and WCE) is to be 20˚C max and showers.
Saturday (Syd and Fre) is to be 18˚C and partly cloudy with 30% chance of a shower.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:16 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,951,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodleman556 View Post
Yeah, most people I know go for Freo or Eagles so I'm mainly supporting them (cause I'm neutral but also a die-hard fan). Yeah, WB might have a chance if they sustain their speed and energy for 4 quarters.

The weather for Fri (Haw and WCE) is to be 20˚C max and showers.
Saturday (Syd and Fre) is to be 18˚C and partly cloudy with 30% chance of a shower.
With West Coast, I don't care if they win or lose tbh. I just don't want another repeat of Hawthorn and Sydney. I don't want to watch Luke Hodge bash people up because he's a 'great bloke' or have to purposefully cheer for Adam Goodes because he's a giant sooky la-la.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:49 AM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,573,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Well, got back last night and it feels chilly outside, at least it's mostly sunny. What the hell though, we haven't had a decent start to September for a while! I bet come mid month we'll start seeing above average temperatures again for a sustained period, just when it gets too late to be that enjoyable
Welcome back to the weather forum, mate. How about your own holiday in Greece and southern France?
How much heat have you experienced?
Please, turn your memories into a post by telling us how much fun you had in both places as this way Owen will realize how to make a great holiday instead of getting stuck from the hotel to the next store as Owen did, you know, lol.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
Welcome back to the weather forum, mate. How about your own holiday in Greece and southern France?
How much heat have you experienced?
Please, turn your memories into a post by telling us how much fun you had in both places as this way Owen will realize how to make a great holiday instead of getting stuck from the hotel to the next store as Owen did, you know, lol.
Cheers man, today actually isn't too bad as the sun is shining, but our forecast still sucks

And with regards to my holidays, they were great, thanks!

Greece was great for heat, though a bit too hot for me.. the week I was there it was 35C-39C by day and 25C-28C at night.. dew points peaked in the mid 20s (almost 80F) so it was absolutely stifling at times! Going out at night and drinking became a bit hard to do without dripping in sweat, it was just too uncomfortable with high humidity and temperatures still at about 30C or higher around midnight

Other than that it was awesome though! Loads of alcohol, decent food and some partying.. absolutely no shopping in superstores and shopping centres (what a waste of a holiday) and no 'funny looks from "foreignors"' either

France was also good, although the weather wasn't as good as I was expecting.. mostly sunny, though quite a few cloudy days, and not the wall to wall sunshine that I have experienced on the Riviera side of the Med and other med locations.. still though it was pleasant enough, and awesome food too

Old 09-06-2015, 08:53 AM

881 posts, read 646,188 times
Just love it when there are no replies to your forum posts, I especially love it when you come back a week later and see your post 5 pages down with your
Goddamn username as the last poster. ****en lame and gay

Old 09-06-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
Just love it when there are no replies to your forum posts, I especially love it when you come back a week later and see your post 5 pages down with your
Goddamn username as the last poster. ****en lame and gay
This forum has died a bit.. What the hell happened to La-Mex or did he die from the constant 150F temperatures?

Anyway, tonight i'm gonna be drinking loads of alcohol I brought back from France dirt cheap, and watch some Family Guy

Last edited by irlinit; 09-06-2015 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: repeated myself

Old 09-06-2015, 09:11 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,728,455 times
^^ I went thru the last season last week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather