Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 11:13 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,820,219 times

Advertisements

Ha, Dick Black ^^

Black Dick. Sorry I had to say it. I can't let that one go.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:16 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,263,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Haha, only my second one this summer! It won't last forever once my student overdraft goes and I get a full time job

I went away with friends a few weeks ago and paid for it, this time I'm going with my family. We always go on a family holiday around this time of the year and since it's a free holiday for me, i'll keep going as long as I can for the free holiday
Oh well that's different. I'd love to get out of here again before September.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
You would think as you are not only living away from home for the first time, but in a different country too, that you would want to make friends with someone you already "know" who is going to the same Uni as you...
England isn't a different country, it's a different region. I travel several times a year so a one hour flight is no problem to me.

It might be big to someone from a council estate but not me.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:24 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Why do you always bring up wealth and money? It sounds really snobby.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:26 AM

Because it's different for everyone. I'm used to planes and I know how to use airports.

I know alot of people who get excited about a trip in a caravan down to the local beach, for them moving to England would be big. It's just a jolt for me to be honest.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:50 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,522,253 times
Quote:
Because it's different for everyone. I'm used to planes and I know how to use airports.

I know alot of people who get excited about a trip in a caravan down to the local beach, for them moving to England would be big. It's just a jolt for me to be honest.

Just a jolt, huh? Sure, the plane ride will be easy - but that's just the start. Being away from the "folks" is gonna be a big deal. You can count on that.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:52 AM

13,487 posts, read 9,034,795 times
Quote:
England isn't a different country, it's a different region. I travel several times a year so a one hour flight is no problem to me.

Northern Ireland is a different country to England... Together with Scotland & Wales they make up the UK...

And you have missed my point entirely, as usual, I didn't mention anything about your flight or how often you travel, but the fact you are going to be living alone for the first time in your life, in a different country. So you will be completely alone, so to cast aside irlinit's hand of friendship is both rude & foolish, as you are going to need all the friends you can get...

And what does council estates have to do with anything?? I'm not from one by the way, incase that was directed at me...

Old 08-14-2015, 11:53 AM

I'm coming home every three weeks and I have one month off at Christmas

Old 08-14-2015, 12:04 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Northern Ireland is a different country to England... Together with Scotland & Wales they make up the UK...

That's true, but it's mostly a question of semantics.

In real-world terms, the "country" that Owen lives in is called the United Kingdom, regardless of whether or not Scotland is referred to as a "country", a "province", a "state", a "prefecture", an "autonomous region", a "jelly doughnut" or a "cheese blintz".

Old 08-14-2015, 12:08 PM

13,487 posts, read 9,034,795 times
Quote:
I'm coming home every three weeks and I have one month off at Christmas
And? The rest of the time you are on your Jack, away from your parents for the first time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
That's true, but it's mostly a question of semantics.

In real-world terms, the "country" that Owen lives in is called the United Kingdom, regardless of whether or not Scotland is referred to as a "country", a "province", a "state", a "prefecture", an "autonomous region", a "jelly doughnut" or a "cheese blintz".
But it is still a seperate country. And most people from the "UK" don't class that as their country, they will say they are from England or Wales etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather