Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2016, 03:56 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
He's a true, red-blooded American.
He's a Christshun Amurican.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:14 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
It's those people (among others) that hold this country back. F****** nuts.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:46 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
My friend has the X-Files theme song as his ringtone.. now I can't stop hearing it. That **** scared me as a kid.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:27 AM

881 posts, read 646,534 times
Finally got my weather station installed. So far am impressed, the readings seem to be pretty accurate

Old 01-03-2016, 02:31 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,954,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
Finally got my weather station installed. So far am impressed, the readings seem to be pretty accurate
NICE

I still have to move mine somewhere out of the sun lol it keeps getting readings 3°C above the airport station

Old 01-03-2016, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
NICE

I still have to move mine somewhere out of the sun lol it keeps getting readings 3°C above the airport station
It appears mine is accurate in the sun, infact it seems you are actually supposed to place it in the sun as it has a solar panel and measures solar radiation and UV. There are some trees that do shade it in the afternoon, but doesn't seem to matter with regards to temps. The temp correlates closely without any wild jumps with my min/max thermometer in the shade whether or not the sun is shining on the station. The other obs also follow the patterns of the official station at the airport. Using my thermometer and the official BOM stations in the area, I can conclude it is accurate for temps and dewpoint, but not ideally placed for wind and rain because of the trees (unavoidable), but it still gives you a good idea of the wind strength and direction.

here's a couple pics of it

Where are you located relative to the airport and at what altitude?

Old 01-03-2016, 05:16 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
My friend has the X-Files theme song as his ringtone.. now I can't stop hearing it. That **** scared me as a kid.
Well, you have to give it to Mark Snow creating one of the most iconic opening themes of the 90's, if not ever. Do you remember the theme of Beverly Hills 90210 or NYPD Blue? No. Do you even remember the theme of Friends? You might.

The X-Files soundtrack is the bomb, being a fan of the series and also of dark ambient. Listen a few hours of it middle of the night and it creates really an eerie feeling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKjW...FfLyKJZA-TOp1r

edit: Galaxyman, nice!

Old 01-03-2016, 05:22 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,954,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
It appears mine is accurate in the sun, infact it seems you are actually supposed to place it in the sun as it has a solar panel and measures solar radiation and UV. There are some trees that do shade it in the afternoon, but doesn't seem to matter with regards to temps. The temp correlates closely without any wild jumps with my min/max thermometer in the shade whether or not the sun is shining on the station. The other obs also follow the patterns of the official station at the airport. Using my thermometer and the official BOM stations in the area, I can conclude it is accurate for temps and dewpoint, but not ideally placed for wind and rain because of the trees (unavoidable), but it still gives you a good idea of the wind strength and direction.

here's a couple pics of it

Where are you located relative to the airport and at what altitude?
6kms west of the airport, and at 110m altitude.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Well, you have to give it to Mark Snow creating one of the most iconic opening themes of the 90's, if not ever. Do you remember the theme of Beverly Hills 90210 or NYPD Blue? No. Do you even remember the theme of Friends? You might.

The X-Files soundtrack is the bomb, being a fan of the series and also of dark ambient. Listen a few hours of it middle of the night and it creates really an eerie feeling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKjW...FfLyKJZA-TOp1r

edit: Galaxyman, nice!
thanks dude! And yes, X-Files is good. I also love Paranormal Witness. That is some creepy ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
6kms west of the airport, and at 110m altitude.
In that case, your temps do seem to be out. Where do you have your station placed relative to buildings and concrete? Post a pic if possible.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:52 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
I used to drive my ex girlfriend crazy by suddenly quoting the X-Files. Like when watching TV I suddenly started quoting the Cigarette Smoking Man and so on, and this annoyed her seriously sometimes. The only time I didn't dare to do so was during sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather