Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 02:11 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times

Advertisements

I honestly think Trump is running just so he can trash the other Republican candidates, and hand the election to the Dems. If that's the case, then I support him 100%...lol. But if he actually made it to the White House, look out below - it'd be depression city. All those "illegals" being sent back (if it was even possible) would totally wreck the economy. Food would be very hard to come by (and expensive!), the construction industry would grind to a halt. The USA would be a nation of heartbreak. At least the leaf-blowing would stop (until the homeowners figured out how to use those things...lol.)

Nah, it ain't happening. Ben Carson? No way. Jeb Bush? Why is he even still in the race?

It looks like my Social Security and Medicare will remain safe for a while longer (whew!) Got about about 16 years of nail-biting to go, however, before I reach the promised land of no worries. It's gonna be a long, hard fight to keep those damn "entitlement haters" out of the White House between now and then, but I've got my boxing gloves on, ready to do my part.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:11 PM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Why must everything be a joke and a show? Incredible. Sounds like an debate in the Balkans or some Middle-East craphole, very uncivilised from all parts.
lol. I agree, and it all started with the nasty questions. I was watching the whole thing shaking my head so many times at the questions.

You see, the media is Pro democrat so they will do everything in their powers to make the Republican party look like a joke or a show. It was classic and obvious in the last one. Sometimes it's about ratings. CNBC was talked about so they got points. CNN did a better job but nobody really talked about "CNN". So sometimes it's done all for the awareness of which news station is hosting the debate.

It's horrible when you're waiting to get information and hear discussions on important stuff about the country and the moderators were trolling and trying to get them to do attack others and have a bitter war. Which happened.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:13 PM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlex View Post
I agree. Good response by Cruz in that debate.
The best was when they were all talking about Fantasy football. SERIOUSLY!?? Then finally Chris Christy woke them up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I honestly think Trump is running just so he can trash the other Republican candidates, and hand the election to the Dems.
He's not a politician and that's why he's ahead in all polls and by wide margin. People are sick of politicians. He would be good at Job creation and someone who knows about money and negotiations. Know how much U.S is in debt now?

Old 11-13-2015, 02:19 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,775,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
The best was when they were all talking about Fantasy football. SERIOUSLY!?? Then finally Chris Christy woke them up

He's not a politician and that's why he's ahead in all polls and by wide margin. People are sick of politicians. He would be good at Job creation and someone who knows about money and negotiations. Know how much the U.S is in debt now?

Far too much. Additionally this problem is being totally ignored.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:21 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
He's not a politician and that's why he's ahead in all polls and by wide margin. People are sick of politicians. He would be good at Job creation and someone who knows about money and negotiations. Know how much U.S is in debt now?
https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred...es/GFDEGDQ188S

Old 11-13-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:

Actually, to give Trump credit, he actually favors leaving Social Security and Medicare alone (prolly why the "establishment" cons hate him so much.)

If he'd just drop the crazy idea of the mass relocation of 11,000,000 people, most of them doing jobs that other people won't / cannot do, he'd not be so bad, imo. Maybe he could get the economy growing again like it used to in the old days ('90's.)

Old 11-13-2015, 02:26 PM

I don't think debt matters that much - it gets inflated away over time anyhow. Just like we never really paid back the crushing debt we incurred in WWII.

The key metric is to keep deficits to less than 3% of GDP, which is about what we're running right now.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:27 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Actually, to give Trump credit, he actually favors leaving Social Security and Medicare alone (prolly why the "establishment" cons hate him so much.)

If he'd just drop the crazy idea of the mass relocation of 11,000,000 people, most of them doing jobs that other people won't / cannot do, he'd not be so bad, imo. Maybe he could get the economy growing again like it used to in the old days ('90's.)
Deporting illegals would be great for those who have to compete against them. They'd get higher wages. You can't effing live on the wages some of those jobs are paying. It's not that Americans won't do them-they always did them in the past, till big business won out and got the endless cheap labor they wanted in the form of immigration nonenforcement. Changing the culture of that is essential. Anything else is anti-American working (and middle) class

Old 11-13-2015, 02:28 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
The economy is supposed to exist to serve the people's interest. It should not be that people exist to serve the economy. That's bull****.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post

Far too much. Additionally this problem is being totally ignored.
Thing is, if Trump's "low tax" plan gets put in place, expect that debt to skyrocket even higher.

I don't wanna hear about how R's are better than D's about not piling on debt - they're both bad...lol. Just keep those deficits to 3% of GDP (or lower), we'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather