Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 03:13 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,372,298 times

Advertisements

Went to go workout, and like forty minutes in I started getting a big ass headache. WTF whatever I'm going tomorrow. I don't care how hungover I am. **** has me pissed off.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:13 PM

13,488 posts, read 9,034,795 times
I swear most people in Malta are braindead There is a ridiculous case here where a guy originally from Wales was arrested & sentenced to TEN years in prison for possession of 1kg of Cannabis which was for his own personal use. He was accused & trialed for also being a "trafficker" when he actually only shared the Cannabis with his flat mate & didn't sell it. Now fair enough he broke the law, but giving him 10 years was ridiculous, murderers serve less than this in Malta Despite an appeal the courts here will not reduce his sentence, or even let him serve the remainder of his sentence in the UK (where his family have now moved back to). The even more ridiculous part is that this week the guys mother, making fresh appeals to have his sentence reduced, pointed out that a "Faith Healer" on the Maltese Island of Gozo, who died 50 years ago, used various herbs & natural plant remedies to treat people (as well as his prayers of course) & that he would have used Cannabis himself, as at the time it was not illegal here & it was widely planted & used by many people on Gozo. Now the leaders of the local council where this "healer" lived have said they are going to sue the mother, for making false accusations about the saintly "healer" Now kicking someone while they are down is bad enough, but (& I am not an expert on law) how the hell can you sue on behalf of someone else, especially if that person is long dead?? Surely defamation only applies if someone is still alive & they would have to sue themselves?? Besides how do they know he didn't use Cannabis?!?

Old 01-08-2016, 03:17 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,413,465 times
Count me as pissed off too this evening not only the news earlier, but I ate a kebab for lunch and now my bowels are feeling iffy ****ing local kebab shop has most likely given me the sh*ts

Old 01-08-2016, 03:17 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Sally Davies, UK chief medical officer..

**** you!!

So glad that there is an uproar about this, on the news now plenty of people from public saying the new guidelines that 'any amount of alcohol is dangerous' are stupid and will be ignored

Stupid health nazi **** munching *****. Suck on my balls you ****s I am drinking right now to spite your nanny state loving arse.
In the US, the recommendation is no more than 2 drinks a day for men, 1 for women. It's just advice. It's not against the law to exceed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recomm...recommended.29

I'm not a big fan of daily limits, since I like to exceed those on occasion. To me, it makes more sense to count alcohol consumption by week, if you want to be health-conscious. But I'm not necessarily going to stop at 14 drinks in a particular week. It's still kind of arbitrary.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:18 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,340,608 times
Far too many idiots in positions of power.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:18 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I swear most people in Malta are braindead There is a ridiculous case here where a guy originally from Wales was arrested & sentenced to TEN years in prison for possession of 1kg of Cannabis which was for his own personal use.
That's a lot of personal use there.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:19 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post

I'm not a big fan of daily limits, since I like to exceed those on occasion. To me, it makes more sense to count alcohol consumption by week, if you want to be health-conscious. But I'm not necessarily going to stop at 14 drinks in a particular week. It's still kind of arbitrary.
Eh. Theres's a big difference in having 2 drinks every evening of the week and 14 drinks in one evening and none the other 6.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:20 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,372,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
That's a lot of personal use there.
Maybe personal use for the next few years?

That being said, ten years is still a ridiculously harsh penalty. Especially with something as harmless as marijuana.

Last edited by alex985; 01-08-2016 at 03:30 PM..

Old 01-08-2016, 03:25 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Eh. Theres's a big difference in having 2 drinks every evening of the week and 14 drinks in one evening and none the other 6.
Actually, there would be very little evidence to prove that. It's a highly hypothetical drinking pattern, because who drinks 14 drinks exactly once a week, over a period of years, and then none the rest of the week?

To be fair, it probably is worse to have them all at once, but it may not be as big of a difference health-wise as you might think.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:28 PM

1,916 posts, read 1,460,304 times
My progress so far with creating weather boxes for EVERY climate type. Anyone who wants to attempt my personal challenge has to make weather boxes for EVERY climate type in alphabetical order (Af-ET).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather