Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:13 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
You do understand that every winter people move out of four season areas. Winter is no joke and can get old fast. As suggested why not just visit or if single and of age join the military and see the world.
What the hell does this have to do with the OP? I swear there should be an IQ requirement to post on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 11:58 AM

163 posts, read 418,596 times
We are planning to move from the north coast of California to Wisconsin for the same reasons, also jobs...

Old 01-27-2016, 11:59 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
Look into Traverse City, MI. This "hidden gem" just got rated a great place to live.
It's beautiful! On the great lakes, snowy winters, nice summers, low-ish cost of living, not sure about job market.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Traverse City is my favorite place on earth. It's growing too fast as it is!

Old 01-27-2016, 01:46 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehinata View Post
hi this is my first post. I have never left florida before in my life so i have been stuck here in heat and humidity. Leaves dont change in the fall, and I have never seen snow. I want to move to a place where the autumns will be colorful and crisp, where winters will be white, and summers are not too hot. Id like the average to be 80 degrees F or less. Im looking for a place with a lot of fun things to do and brilliant scenery to explore. Also, rental costs MUST BE LOW(ish). Looking for an apartment for 850 or less for two bed rooms. Any idea where I could go?

Ohio. Low Cost of living. Long colorful autumns that rival those in England, Summers are seldom above 80, maybe a day or two in August, beautiful scenery and not as flat as some of the central mid west.

In my area, rentals for a 2 bedroom apartment in a nice complex run an average of 650.

They start at 550 and go up to about 800 900. But most are 600-700. They have pools, gyms, laundry and other amenities.

There are so many of them here in NE Ohio that they each need to keep the prices low.

If you want pictures or links, send me a DM.

And Come on Up!

ETA - flights to FL are dirt cheap.

Here is a link to one of the more expensive ones. Still under budget.

http://www.sawgrasshowland.com/

Old 01-27-2016, 01:59 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
What the hell does this have to do with the OP? I swear there should be an IQ requirement to post on here.
I was thinking the same thing. Answer the question or move on. It's really not that difficult.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:55 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,289,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Coastal CT. You get to feel at home with heat and humidity in the summer (not to same extent), you get the fresh Fall air with leaves changing starting in September. You get snow and cold in Winter, you get quick warmups in Spring but tamed from a cool ocean still. Just from experience, that's all. And you get scenes like this 3-4 months apart

For a few seconds I was wondering where the summer photo was. Actually the spring photo looks very autumn-lik to me, but we get nowhere near as many orange colours in the fall as you do.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:47 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,247,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehinata View Post
hi this is my first post. I have never left florida before in my life so i have been stuck here in heat and humidity. Leaves dont change in the fall, and I have never seen snow. I want to move to a place where the autumns will be colorful and crisp, where winters will be white, and summers are not too hot. Id like the average to be 80 degrees F or less. Im looking for a place with a lot of fun things to do and brilliant scenery to explore. Also, rental costs MUST BE LOW(ish). Looking for an apartment for 850 or less for two bed rooms. Any idea where I could go?
Idaho....
Idaho Falls or Pocatello. Both have low property taxes...
As for scenery...within 2.5 hours of Pocatello you can be in either Yellowstone or Grand Teton NP.

Four hours to the Sawtooth Mtns.
Summer....

And for snow...we got it!

We have the normal amount of snow down here in the cities, but the mountains you can visit and really see the deep stuff.

Temps in the summer can sometimes get in the high 80s

Having grew up in the midwest, I can say it is a thousand times better out here in the west.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:41 PM

275 posts, read 332,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
He wants a place with cold, white winters and a place with average summer highs under 80 F and you suggest Denver, which has averages highs in the mid-40s in winter and an average high of 89 F in July?

I think Wisconsin is a great match. I would suggest Minneapolis, but I'm not mistaken I think Minneapolis is rather expensive.
You won't find much in Minneapolis for $850. Also I think our weather might be a bit more extreme than what the OP is looking for. Winters tend to be very cold and summers tend to be very hot. Spring and summer are short.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:43 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul91 View Post
You won't find much in Minneapolis for $850. Also I think our weather might be a bit more extreme than what the OP is looking for. Winters tend to be very cold and summers tend to be very hot. Spring and summer are short.
Well, the OP DID want "cold, white" winters which Minneapolis certainly offers. Summers may be a bit too warm, but still a huge improvement over Florida summers though.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:43 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,276,507 times
How are summers in Minneapolis "very hot"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather