Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2016, 02:20 PM

13,485 posts, read 9,030,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
My cat that I've had for 10 years has a tumour and less than 2 weeks to live
So sorry to hear that My cat is my best friend, he makes me laugh & keeps me company & he's been there for me through some tough times, cats & dogs are amazing & can bring so much joy into your life. Our pets have always been treated like a member of the family & when you lose one it is really tough

People that don't have pets don't really understand, but they all have their own unique personalities too...

We have a couple of stray cats that we feed every day & one of them we hadn't seen for a while & recently it turned up really thin & today when he came he looked so bad, but he wont let me close enough to pick him up & try to help him If I had my way I'd have all the stray cats in & end up like some crazy cat lady(man) lol...

Old 05-18-2016, 03:08 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
I've never been able to relate to having a strong connection to animals. We had a dog my whole life who died about 5 years ago, it was strange not having him around but nothing comparable to a person.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:10 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
I feel more connected to animals than people. At least dogs don't have any malice like people do, and love you unconditionally unlike most people who only love someone based on how much it benefits them to do so.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I feel more connected to animals than people. At least dogs don't have any malice like people do, and love you unconditionally unlike most people who only love someone based on how much it benefits them to do so.
But parrots do :/

Old 05-18-2016, 03:15 PM

Lol, what do you mean?

Old 05-18-2016, 03:19 PM

My parents have 2 birds as pets. They are really cool but can randomly turn on you and bite for no reason.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:19 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
I think people who care more about animals than people are kind of sad. It's an obvious sign of scorn. I'd find it hard to place an animal's life above that of another human being, unless said human being is very evil. I love my dog, but I wouldn't save his life over that of a close friend - probably not even a stranger. Losing a pet is hard, but losing someone close to you - like a parent or child - is a kind of pain hard to describe, and you don't really know what it's like until you experience it yourself. Few things come close. I couldn't live with myself if I allowed someone's parent or child to die.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:22 PM

You have got to be ****ing kidding me. A severe storm literally was headed this exact direction from the west and two miles to the west it turned northeast and completely missed us. Are you ****ing serious?!

Old 05-18-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I think people who care more about animals than people are kind of sad. It's an obvious sign of scorn. I'd find it hard to place an animal's life above that of another human being, unless said human being is very evil. I love my dog, but I wouldn't save his life over that of a close friend - probably not even a stranger. Losing a pet is hard, but losing someone close to you - like a parent or child - is a kind of pain hard to describe, and you don't really know what it's like until you experience it yourself. Few things come close. I couldn't live with myself if I allowed someone's parent or child to die.
I don't think it's sad. I literally see my pets every day for more than half of my day, I can't say the same about like 70% of my friends. My pets have more of an impact on my life than any of those people. Of course, I wouldn't choose my pets over say, my parents or my siblings or even my very closest friends. But I would over most of my "friends" though, and especially over a complete stranger, I don't care about complete strangers. Of course if a complete stranger's life is threatened I'll take action but I wouldn't choose a total stranger over my pet. That seems kind of cold.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
You have got to be ****ing kidding me. A severe storm literally was headed this exact direction from the west and two miles to the west it turned northeast and completely missed us. Are you ****ing serious?!
Are you in Miami Gardens or somewhere else? I don't see any lightning in your area even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather