Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:09 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,953,981 times

Advertisements

In my case, hate is no a strong enough word. ENDLESS never ending cloud, cold , cold ass springs while Sydney and Perffffffff are basking in 28C temps for days now with endless sunshine while our forecasts get downgraded every single freaking time with rain and 15C temps every day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 08:25 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,565,391 times
I dislike it from Nov to mid-Feb, basically the whole pre-6pm sunset period. At this time of the year days are short, often cloudy, the sun is low and weak, and you won't see a >20°C high at least until mid-April.
Still much better than 95% of Europe though, at any time of the year.

I really hate it when it's overcast around winter solstice, it's really dark then.

I also hate it when, during strong cold waves, the whole country is enjoying a snowfall except Nice where you just shiver in ****ty 5°C cold rain.

Similarly, sometimes during mild/warm spells, especially in spring, everywhere hits 20°C or 25°C up to Paris, but we stay at 16°C. In spring anyway, whether it's 4°C or 24°C in the rest of France, it's gonna be 16°C in Nice. Endless 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 16°C from early March to early May

Many years, despite the huge improvement in daylight, it seems Crapril is a wetter, cloudier and only marginally warmer version of March, and even then the Holy Grail of 20°C is seldom attained.

Nah, honestly, although it seems I complain a lot about this climate, it's unbeatable for its latitude and almost unbeatable throughout the whole continent, with heavenly sun-soaked A+++ summers I just really HATE Nov, Dec, Jan. I wish I could just remove these months from the calendar.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:49 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,953,981 times
Nice freaking kills Melbourne in every aspect. I mean 43* vs 38* latitude and you have summers that average something resembling Brisbane and winters no colder than Hobart. And far more sunshine than Melbourne could ever hope to achieve, not to mention much warmer SSTs, which are directly responsible for the fantastic summers on the Mediterranian. The Meditteranian really punches above its weight relative to its latitude.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:49 AM

647 posts, read 797,438 times
I hate my climate from early December to mid March, when the most of days have average maximum of temperature is below 0C/32F. But of course all it depends from a direction of wind in winter, the warm waves often come from Atlantic ocean and Mediterranean Sea, while the cold waves from Siberia and Arctic ocean.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:06 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,420,767 times
Yeah Buxton is the climatic toilet of England.... hideous horrible mess of never ending gloom and cold, all around the year. Even the "warmer" days have that irritating high-altitude chill to them that you just don't feel at lower level places even at the same temperature.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,590,086 times
I don't hate it, but I don't love it either...so yeh I guess I'm just indifferent to this climate. It doesn't really offer much to a weather enthusiast who seeks 'interesting' weather.

Temperatures and conditions are for the most part comfortable, but the climate doesn't have the wide variety of phenomena (such as snow, thunderstorms, heavy rainfall and cold snaps) that I'd like to see to spice things up a bit.

The fact it barely rains for 6 months of the year makes it too monotonous for me as I love the occasional storms and associated downpours that you get in other places in the tropics or in temperate regions during the summer. The summer seems to drag on for about a month too long and I don't like the look of dead/dried vegetation everywhere.

The cooler half of the year is pretty good though, I like it how you rarely get cloudy, gloomy days unless it's actually raining a fair bit, and then it quickly clears to a few sunny days before the cycle repeats itself. Would enjoy the odd truly cold day and the possibility of snowfall.

Last edited by sulkiercupid; 09-12-2012 at 09:40 AM..

Old 09-12-2012, 09:33 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,965,807 times
I'm not a fan of it.... Summer year round.. Its fall or starting to be elsewhere in the country and we are still averaging over 100 degrees with heat index.. Its that way since April probably. No fall, no winter, no spring.... just same day in day out day in day out

Old 09-12-2012, 09:44 AM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times
Yes, I hate mine. Summers are to long, hot and darn humid while winters are too short and not cold and snowy enough. Too many fluctuations too but that is ok.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:46 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,935,689 times
I strongly dislike Dec/Jan/Feb here, except when we get a mild winter like last year. Mostly though it is just plain cold.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 AM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I strongly dislike Dec/Jan/Feb here, except when we get a mild winter like last year. Mostly though it is just plain cold.
I wonder if someone reading this realizes you are more south than me but I said Winters arent cold here. LOL

It amazes me how each individual has their preference and opinion of weather thats the same. It's warmer in the winter where you are compared to me, yet Im saying winters arent cold and you're saying they are. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather