Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 07:24 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
There's no denying people are infinitely more complex than what they let appear on a message board such as this one, especially when they seem to post here just to defend a certain agenda.
True, but that is the moderator talking.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:56 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,506,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
The ridiculous part is how unless you're in the top like 10% of guys, you have to approaching on your own. You could be significantly above average in terms of looks and still get no approaches, I've known very good looking guys who struggled a lot with girls, typical because of shyness/inexperience
So true. I don't even know where I stand, because the actual girlfriend and the first actual romance before that both told me I look fabulous. The reason I struggle is mainly because I dislike getting too close to people I'm not sure I have that much in common with, also I hate crowded spaces and clubs/bars... they get on my nerves in an instant.

What I also feel is that I'm at the age now when I'm looking for something that's going to last a lifetime and not just half-baked short-term stuff. My parents met when they were two years above my current age so that's the benchmark for that

Old 04-01-2017, 05:07 AM

1,363 posts, read 791,713 times
I hate crowded places like bars/clubs aswell. Even going to the shops gives me the s**ts, too many people, most of them braindead to boot. Truth be told, I really couldn't care less about getting a girlfriend. I don't want a family of my own anyway so don't care. I don't have patience or stamina for dealing with kids, much rather prefer my own company and that of my beer and Weber

I am about 5 years older than my parents when they got married.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:48 AM

808 posts, read 711,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
I hate crowded places like bars/clubs aswell. Even going to the shops gives me the s**ts, too many people, most of them braindead to boot. Truth be told, I really couldn't care less about getting a girlfriend. I don't want a family of my own anyway so don't care. I don't have patience or stamina for dealing with kids, much rather prefer my own company and that of my beer and Weber

I am about 5 years older than my parents when they got married.
Me either, not to mention that I just dislike the under 14-ish set anyway. I'm 24 now and my whole life people have been telling me "You'll change your mind when you get older," but I want kids now less than ever. When I was 9 I wanted to be married and have four kids (two of them by my current age), don't know what I was smoking at the time, haha.

I'm open to the idea of getting married; it's just that I'm happy being single right now and despite being a natural extravert, I need some time to myself. There are certain things people do in the privacy of their own homes that would be weird or downright crazy in public or with other people (especially authority figures) around.

Plus, I find $20,000 weddings, 18-minute proposals (or $10,000 rings), and a lot of that romance stuff tacky anyway. It's more about trust to me.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:16 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Seems to me that she wanted to test the waters and her market value. You're a handsome sporty guy after all, so why not? Or then she's just crazy.

Well, why do I keep defending her over and over again? Because I've seen her other side. She knows she's crazy, but she has an incredibly soft, sweet and vulnerable side. You don't know it, but I do. And opposites attract.
She is something I can never have and I'm something she cannot ever have. And that is what makes it so interesting, thrilling and so absurd.
I have a female friend who lives in London. She's your age, very attractive - but also kind of crazy.

She lost her husband and son in a car crash a few years ago though, so I think she's entitled to being crazy.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:37 AM

1,363 posts, read 791,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YITYNR View Post
Me either, not to mention that I just dislike the under 14-ish set anyway. I'm 24 now and my whole life people have been telling me "You'll change your mind when you get older," but I want kids now less than ever. When I was 9 I wanted to be married and have four kids (two of them by my current age), don't know what I was smoking at the time, haha.

I'm open to the idea of getting married; it's just that I'm happy being single right now and despite being a natural extravert, I need some time to myself. There are certain things people do in the privacy of their own homes that would be weird or downright crazy in public or with other people (especially authority figures) around.

Plus, I find $20,000 weddings, 18-minute proposals (or $10,000 rings), and a lot of that romance stuff tacky anyway. It's more about trust to me.
I do not understand the point of weddings, they are ridiculously expensive, it's an incredibly expensive mega-stressful royal pain in the ass to do all the preperation etc, and it is nerve-wracking to boot. Then there is the the very real chance it doesn't work out, and then it's a trip to divorce court, and a kiss goodbye to half your assets.

If a couple love each other, just live together as it is. And if it does go pear-shaped, it's a simple walk out the door. No need for all that crap. Honestly, the only reason for weddings nowadays is government benefits that are bestowed upon couples and families.

I have no interest in kids. I can't relate to them, I certainly can't do all the stupid baby babble talk, I cannot maintain my interest in interacting with them (not that I can anyway - I can't relate or communicate with kids), and honestly, I am far more interested in my own wants. I'd much rather sit on my ass on the couch, indulge in my own interests than do activities with a kid.

Oh yeah, and it irritates me to no end when people flaunt pics of their alien babies on Facebook every day, and then get all the comments dribbling over it.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:26 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
I do not understand the point of weddings, they are ridiculously expensive, it's an incredibly expensive mega-stressful royal pain in the ass to do all the preperation etc, and it is nerve-wracking to boot. Then there is the the very real chance it doesn't work out, and then it's a trip to divorce court, and a kiss goodbye to half your assets.

If a couple love each other, just live together as it is. And if it does go pear-shaped, it's a simple walk out the door. No need for all that crap. Honestly, the only reason for weddings nowadays is government benefits that are bestowed upon couples and families.
I agree. But not only is it impractical if you want the same rights, it's actually still illegal in 3 US states.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:47 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,506,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
I agree. But not only is it impractical if you want the same rights, it's actually still illegal in 3 US states.
Alabama, Mississippi and Utah prime suspects?

Old 04-01-2017, 12:56 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,990 times
Why does it always cloud over at sunset?

Old 04-01-2017, 01:27 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Alabama, Mississippi and Utah prime suspects?
Apparently it's down to 2 now, Mississippi and Michigan. Florida just repealed it last year, after failing 3 times!

Cohabitation and other strange but true Florida laws - Orlando Sentinel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather