Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 04:29 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,032,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Well, then, that sounds fine to me. Just like I said, your people have done jack**** but my people suffered under communism. America saved Europe from the Nazis and communists. Swedes did nothing at all. But here you are acting all high and mighty, complaining that you're not best buds with the ****ing communist filth
Erm, ok then...

Old 06-29-2017, 04:30 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times
Quote:
You blame Sweden for this but not the USSR? Are you not aware of soviet support for the ANC?
Oh, and Lommaren - you should know that Putin and Robert Mugabe are quite close as well.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:30 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,507,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I propose a peace treaty between our two countries. There will also be a commemorative exchange, with one side receiving IKEA products and Volvos, and the other side receiving the finest Vodka and caviar
I'd sign a peace treaty with Russia today lol... we're not even in your interest sphere because of the linguistic and cultural differences and lacking a land border with Russia. We're a running joke on Russian TV with our government's paranoia over a Russian invasion

Last time I checked the only things we share with Ukraine geopolitically are the flag colours...

Quote:
Oh, and Lommaren - you should know that Putin and Robert Mugabe are quite close as well.
I didn't know that but having said all of that, I can only speak for my country. That the Afrikaaners didn't get their own land area as a sovereign state in South Africa as part of the settlement is a serious crime and they're paying the price ever sinze.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:34 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,332,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Erm, ok then...
Lol I think someone is forgetting a major country in Eastern Europe; a country which suffered millions of casualties and numerous sieges but despite that still managed to hold out and defeat Germany

Old 06-29-2017, 04:36 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,032,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Lol I think someone is forgetting a major country in Eastern Europe; a country which suffered millions of casualties and numerous sieges but despite that still managed to hold out and defeat Germany
I know! It makes me laugh when some Americans think they single handedly won WW2 & "saved" Europe

Old 06-29-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I know! It makes me laugh when some Americans think they single handedly won WW2 & "saved" Europe
We did. Obviously, we had to counter the soviet advance as well. Can you imagine if practically all of continental Europe fell behind the Iron Curtain?

And for what it's worth, the Red Army had plenty of Ukrainians in it too. "Russia" wasn't the force advancing from the east.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:44 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,926,183 times
Quote:
We did. Obviously, we had to counter the soviet advance as well. Can you imagine if practically all of continental Europe fell behind the Iron Curtain?

And for what it's worth, the Red Army had plenty of Ukrainians in it too. "Russia" wasn't the force advancing from the east.
But don't pretend that is was an act of charity. If the Soviets took all of Europe the US would have lost the Cold War.

Also, without that small island nation to the west, there's very little possibility that the US could have even landed troops in Europe.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
But don't pretend that is was an act of charity. If the Soviets took all of Europe the US would have lost the Cold War.
Says the European... American influence obviously benefitted Europe greatly, yet Europeans today are ungrateful and easily forget history.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:47 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,594,102 times
Quote:

No you didn't.

American self-congratulatory attitudes are sickening.

Go ramble about Russia somewhere else you boring freak.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:49 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,926,183 times
Quote:
Says the European... American influence obviously benefitted Europe greatly, yet Europeans today are ungrateful and easily forget history.
Says the American, who becomes European whenever it suits him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather