Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 08:05 PM

2,197 posts, read 1,494,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I meant more that I don't really have a feel for your personality as much as some other uses. Not a bad thing at all, I feel people on here probably think the same about me.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:15 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Tell him that you have three badges and have been here since 2009.
Maybe he's right about me not doing much since I have over 13,000 posts lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelernation71
I meant more that I don't really have a feel for your personality as much as some other uses. Not a bad thing at all, I feel people on here probably think the same about me.
Ah, gotcha.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:16 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,005,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ral31 View Post
I think I've only been posted about once on this thread (by muslim12). I guess I don't post on the chat threads very much.
Same as me , I came here to talk about weather/climate , because this I dont post in chat threads,there they talk about things completely different from what this sub-forum porpuse,for example(gays,imigration etc).
There arent others sub-forums to them talk about it?

Old 03-03-2017, 08:24 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:

Joe90 - One thing I forgot to mention about him is that he uses his climate as a criteria to judge the climates of other places (i.e. "this climate is not [insert], because my climate is [insert] too"). But again, I like our debates. He is an interesting user.
Classifications are useless as a way of determining what day to day weather will feel like over the course of a year, as they are far too broad. E.g.: Melbourne doesn't feel like Bergen and Sydney doesn't feel like NYC etc.

So that means that the only value of a classification is to identify climates by cause and pattern. If you spend time studying synoptic/barometric charts, then you will see the somewhere like Shepparton has the same cause and pattern over the year as Melbourne - only the frequency differs. Understanding a climate by cause and pattern gives vastly more understanding of climate than adherence to temperature/precipitation thresholds (all they do lessen understanding).

Old 03-03-2017, 10:35 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,658,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
My impressions:

Ariete: Cool dude, sarcastic as **** but that's ok with me, I don't think we've ever argued over anything lol

dunno what to put here: Similar to Ariete. Says snarky **** sometimes but again, that's ok because I do too lol. Cool guy overall

Beerparty: always entertaining. And I ditto what he said about drinking wouldn't mind having a drink with him

Irlinit: Cool guy around my age, similar to Beerparty that I wouldn't mind having a beer with

B87: I thought he was annoying AF before, but he's come around the last few months. I honestly think he's OK.

Ethereal: His weather preferences annoy me lol, but he's a good guy. We get along well.

Rozenn: Good guy, never argumentative with anybody from what I've seen. I enjoy his posts and pics.

jgtheone: Probably the most level headed guy here lol. I think he's wicked cool.

AJ: We've clashed before because sometimes I feel he has a bit of a cold bias lol. But overall I think he's OK.

Nei: A bit "bland". But he's cool, he's never been an unfair moderator towards me. Posts really cool pics.

Cambium: A true weather geek but ignorant as hell on climates.

chicagogeorge: I enjoy his posts, they're always interesting. He has somewhat similar preferences to me although he's warm biased and I'm cool biased.

Wildcat: Cool guy. Very relateable with me because of his frequent visits to FL and his love for thunderstorms.

lommaren: Very cool dude. He seems to get along with pretty much anyone, never had an issue with him.

srfoskey: Interesting posts. Knows a lot of weather stats which is appreciated.

Warszawa: Can get a bit on my nerves sometimes lol, but he's cool overall. We can have conversations a lot with no issues.

Baba: Thought he was a bit annoying at first, but he's a pretty good guy. Don't see him arguing ever.

Donar: Seems like an interesting guy. Wouldn't mind doing drugs with him.

Anyone I'm missing?
???

Old 03-03-2017, 11:28 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,043,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Anyone I'm missing?
Yes.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:12 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,506,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritra View Post
Yes.
I didn't forget you though in my last extensive breakdown of more than 30 users a few days back

"Really loves snow and languages " kind of accurate stuff!

Old 03-04-2017, 04:21 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,656,199 times
Quote:

Ben86 - He has been here since 2011, but he's very obscure nowadays. I talked with him once and it felt like I encountered a living fossil. I used to think that he was Owen.
WTF?! That's about as random as it gets!

Old 03-04-2017, 04:46 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
ColdCanadian was the biggest cold hater this forum has seen.

Cairo was from Vancouver living in egypt
ColdCanadian moved to Australia to escape the cold, did he not?

In the early going he was a bit immature IIRC, and had to be convinced that Australia was not "Third World-ish".

Which is very weird since Oz is every bit as advanced as Canada, all things considered.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:13 AM

808 posts, read 711,544 times
I remember both Canadians from lurking around on old threads - I wonder what happened to them. I always liked ColdCanadian's posts; he seemed like a really good guy. His warm bias was something else, though! He gave 12-year-old me a run for the money on that one!

Speaking of former users, is Tvdxer okay? Haven't heard much of him in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather