Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 09:04 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,432,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Smart guy, I didn't say he was pale just white. White white white white. Doesn't mean isn't type iii. How do you declare what I do or don't understand? Why does it bother you if I am of a conclusion other than yours?

I have looked up pictures of Beckham and he is white.
Because you do this on other threads as well, stating supposed facts like such as earlier when you doubted that type III skin was common in the UK with no proof other than your prejudices. I'm not the first person to notice you doing this either

Old 05-07-2017, 09:05 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,943,121 times
The fact that David Beckham is naturally white does't prove anything, the fact that he is capable of getting a good tan is the more pertinent observation.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:12 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,431,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Because you do this on other threads as well, stating supposed facts like such as earlier when you doubted that type III skin was common in the UK with no proof other than your prejudices. I'm not the first person to notice you doing this either
Where is your proof? You keep mentioning 1 little map that I haven't seen yet. Look, stereotypes are based off facts that are blown out of proportion. Fact is most ethnic Anglo saxons are not type iii, otherwise the stereotype would not be that brits are white but brits are hot blooded southern italians.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:17 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,432,972 times
lol did a kid draw that map? That's just showing skin colour based from latitude and nothing more.. which is funny because eastern Russians and Chinese definitely do not have pale skin as that map would suggest.

Italians have type III and IV skin, southern England is II and III as the most common. Scotland, Ireland I and II is the most common.

I live here and you don't, you're just making assumptions and basing from stereotypes - so I'll make the assumption that you're a fat American who eats a Big Mac every day and goes shooting plastic cans off the back of a pick up truck every weekend because you're from NC.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
lol did a kid draw that map? That's just showing skin colour based from latitude and nothing more.. which is funny because eastern Russians and Chinese definitely do not have pale skin as that map would suggest.

Italians have type III and IV skin, southern England is II and III as the most common. Scotland, Ireland I and II is the most common.

I live here and you don't, you're just making assumptions and basing from stereotypes - so I'll make the assumption that you're a fat American who eats a Big Mac every day and goes shooting plastic cans off the back of a pick up truck every weekend because you're from NC.
Last bit sounds fun, though I would prefer decoys. Where is your fact other than anecdotal? I looked at other threads and some guy named saxonwold doesn't agree with you... according to him and a study he found 54 percent of brits are type i. Type Iv is pretty dark and from the Italians I have seen they only get there from extreme tanning.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:23 AM

13,518 posts, read 9,077,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
I don't think I was exaggerating bro. Northern Maghrebis aren't very dark.

When you seek sicilian men in Google amongst the first results you can see this photo:
That photo has clearly been digitally altered to make them appear darker. Sicilians are not as dark as that, Maltese have a similar genetic mix & they are not as dark as that either lol.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:25 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,943,121 times
Quote:
Where is your proof? You keep mentioning 1 little map that I haven't seen yet. Look, stereotypes are based off facts that are blown out of proportion. Fact is most ethnic Anglo saxons are not type iii, otherwise the stereotype would not be that brits are white but brits are hot blooded southern italians.
Skin tone isn't the only determining factor. People are naturally going to be paler in northern Europe due to the climate. I find it funny how you haven't noticed how dark Australia is on your map. White Australians are largely of British and Irish ancestry, yet they aren't stereotyped as being pale, because they are exposed to more sunlight.

A lot of southern Europeans, including those "hot-blooded" Italians, appear white when exposed to less sun. As with the Ronaldo photo I showed you, which you responded to with some BS about "olive undertones", the guy was as white as a ghost.

Although I'm not even claiming that the UK is mostly Type III. I just think you're arguing this in the wrong way.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Skin tone isn't the only determining factor. People are naturally going to be paler in northern Eirope due to the climate. White Australians are largely of British and Irish ancestry, yet they aren't stereotyped as being pale, because they are exposed to more sunlight.

A lot of Hispanics appear white when exposed to less sun, as with the Ronaldo photo I showed you, which you responded to with some BS about "olive undertones", the guy was as white as a ghost.

Although I'm not even claiming that the UK is mostly Type III. I just think you're arguing this in the wrong way.
He did have olive undertones, white yes definetely, but with olive undertones. When I think of Australians I think of sunburned people.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:29 AM

658 posts, read 361,640 times
My Sicilian mates came to visit yesterday.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:30 AM

12,622 posts, read 13,984,062 times
Quote:
How is that map useful? I've seen dark skinned native Bostonians that were of Italian ancestry that were far darker than some Scots Irish native of Atlanta GA. And trust me I've seen them with their clothes off .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather