Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 03:23 PM

761 posts, read 604,987 times

Advertisements

I LOVE the weather in the 70's and 80's..

Looking to live where the weather stays in that zone as long as possible
on the East coast. (not Hawaii)

Does anyone have statistics where we can squeeze the most days that will deliver these temps?

(I realize winter will dip) L@@king for that sweet spot as long as possible.

I feel like I have a magic 8 ball in my hands.. and can't wait to hear your reply.

I'm guessing its either, Virginia, Delaware, or maybe upper portion of North Carolina.(???)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 03:41 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,980,501 times
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah,_Georgia

You've got a Myraid of locations that have at least 8 months of 70f highs. It really depends on what you want. Do you want to live in a big metropolitan area? Does it have to be affluent with low crime?

Old 04-02-2017, 03:44 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,410,337 times
On East Coast place with most 70 degree days is kill devil hills ibelieve. I saw it in an article somewhere on this forum.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:29 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,938,534 times
High Plains Regional Climate Center - CLIMOD is really easy to use and will give you all this info. It's better to use big cities to compare because they're more likely to have reliable data sets.
Go to "Monthly Summarized Data" under Product Selection. Then you can look at the number of days greater than or less than a certain temperature. You'll have to do a little bit of math to find the number of days in a range (like the 70s).
I think Florida cities will be best. Orlando has 5 months out of the year with an average high in the 70s, Nov-March.
Now, would you rather the non mild days be hot or cold? Because Florida comes with some really hot and humid weather.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:17 PM

761 posts, read 604,987 times
Gym fanatic..
My thanks. I will check out the link. Very nice of you. (Of course, low crime is best since I'm no super hero :^D ).
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muslim12 I really LIKE your reply, especially since that's a place we haven't yet visited, but intend to in the next month. thanks for thinking out loud!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sedimenjerry You're a peach! Thanks for the CLIMOD, (there's the 8 ball effect)
You pose a very good question regarding the preference of non-mild days.
Hmmmm that's a tough one I really can't answer, so I guess the 70 - 80 degree choices will just have to get singled out.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:24 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,938,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidaldream View Post

Sedimenjerry You're a peach! Thanks for the CLIMOD, (there's the 8 ball effect)
You pose a very good question regarding the preference of non-mild days.
Hmmmm that's a tough one I really can't answer, so I guess the 70 - 80 degree choices will just have to get singled out.
Asheville, NC is worth checking out. It has a surprisingly high number of 70-80 degree days compared to other nearby areas in the subtropical southeast (like Atlanta). It's in the mountains so it does get colder than nearby Greenville and Charlotte but it's not as cold as the northeast and avoids a lot of the heat and humidity of the lower elevations (avg high of just 84 in July).

Old 04-02-2017, 07:41 PM

5,742 posts, read 3,517,961 times
Must be something I don't understand. Surely the location with the most number of days in the 70s or 80s would be a place likely Miami Beach where 12 out of 12 months have average high temperatures in the 70s or 80s?

Old 04-03-2017, 04:51 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,410,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
Must be something I don't understand. Surely the location with the most number of days in the 70s or 80s would be a place likely Miami Beach where 12 out of 12 months have average high temperatures in the 70s or 80s?
Also upstate new York has some of the most 70 degree days.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:26 AM

723 posts, read 1,005,531 times
Default Suggest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidaldream View Post
I LOVE the weather in the 70's and 80's..

Looking to live where the weather stays in that zone as long as possible
on the East coast. (not Hawaii)

Does anyone have statistics where we can squeeze the most days that will deliver these temps?

(I realize winter will dip) L@@king for that sweet spot as long as possible.

I feel like I have a magic 8 ball in my hands.. and can't wait to hear your reply.

I'm guessing its either, Virginia, Delaware, or maybe upper portion of North Carolina.(???)
Chesapeake Bay part of Maryland & Virginia

Old 04-03-2017, 07:28 AM

5,706 posts, read 3,777,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
Yeah but I don't think oppressive 88/78 days are what the OP is looking for, she would probably like winters and shoulder seasons here though.
Attached Thumbnails
Area w/longest run of pleasant temps on East Coast-screen-shot-2017-04-03-9.27.10  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather