Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 11:37 AM

2,460 posts, read 1,356,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
It's average wages, not minimum. Btw impressed by the Turkish wages

As much as I love New York the prices here are ridiculous, if you just come out of college one month of rent could easily be your average monthly wage. A taxi ride is like an entire daily salary. ****ing bs
It doesn't look real to me.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:39 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Here is the same map for the Americas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_average_wage

Of course some countries might be reporting this differently, the figure is suspiciously low for Chile. The fact that some of those "third world hellholes" have average wages very close to those of first-world nirvana Portugal, that's quite funny

Old 07-18-2017, 11:40 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
Eating and drinking in Hungary is certainly cheap..... for tourists with Euros, USD, AUD etc. The reality for the locals is rather bleak as can been seen in the map in Warzawa's post. I've been there recently and things are not looking good, lots of buildings crumbling, unmaintained roads, and their freight and passenger trains are still hauled by Soviet-era locos. The engines seen here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M62_locomotive were hauling the passenger trains I've ridden on in 2015.
Didn't take a train in Hungary, but I took a small route one in Romania. Bro, completely cr4p! Ugly, noisy, old, smelly, slow !!!

I mean. Ok, i'm acclimated to the Spanish trains but that was just unbearable!!! Not wanting to boost up again Spain so i'll say a true fact about Spanish train lines in a spoiler, if you want you can see it.

Spoiler
but Spain is considered to have the 2nd best trains in the world after France and it's the 2nd country in the world in high speed lines just after China, a country 30 times bigger. It even surpassed Japan.

Gladly I travelled there with my own car. I love travelling by car, so I can see the landscapes.

Slovenia was astonshingly and amazingly beautiful to be honest. It's all green. ALL ! In fact it's the only country in Europe with more people living in rural areas than in urban areas. (more than 50%)

BRO that country was AWESOME. Their roads are TOP CLASS, nothing to difference them from Spanish, French, German, Dutch or Austrian roads. No joke. Their country is astonishing!

Old 07-18-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Here is the same map for the Americas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_average_wage

Of course some countries might be reporting this differently, the figure is suspiciously low for Chile. The fact that some of those "third world hellholes" have average wages very close to those of first-world nirvana Portugal, that's quite funny
That map is completely vandalised!

Chile less than half than Argentina? haha, my ballz! XD

You probably know that there is a very big rivalry against Chile and Argentina on the internet. This is one of them.
No way Argentina has an avg wage of almost 1.200$ and no way Chile has less than 600$. The minimum one of Chile is about 500$ or so lol. Chile has the biggest minimum and avg wage of Latin America.

Oh and yes, you're right! But don't say it too loud. That big country near the nirvana earns almost the double of their wage and pay less money for taxes or gas. But hey, don't blame the nirvana!

Old 07-18-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
It's something more than double the minimum wage of Turkey. Really the average wage is not even the double of the minimum ?

In Spain for example the average wage is more than twice the minimum. But do you have to take account that this is the average wage and not the median one.

None of those wages show the reality of their respective countries. All of them are lower in reality, they're average, not median, not the most frequent. All of the millionaires are also included in those numbers!
There is unemployment in Turkey. It's very difficult to find a job.

You study at university and you work as a waiter for minumum wage.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
That map is completely vandalised!

Chile less than half than Argentina? haha, my ballz! XD

You probably know that there is a very big rivalry against Chile and Argentina on the internet. This is one of them.
No way Argentina has an avg wage of almost 1.200$ and no way Chile has less than 600$. The minimum one of Chile is about 500$ or so lol. Chile has the biggest minimum and avg wage of Latin America.

Oh and yes, you're right! But don't say it too loud. That big country near the nirvana earns almost the double of their wage and pay less money for taxes or gas. But hey, don't blame the nirvana!
It's annoying the way that West talks down on Eastern Europe or Latin America or whatever when they have their own problems. Fun fact: not all of Eastern Europe is ugly and poor. Not all of Latin America is a cartel/guerrilla filled jungle. It's fun to harp on Havana or Norilsk, but we can do the same. When someone posts a picture of Norilsk to show how sad and poor Russia is, we can just post pictures of Detroit or Baltimore or St. Louis

Old 07-18-2017, 11:53 AM

1,363 posts, read 791,713 times
Quote:
Didn't take a train in Hungary, but I took a small route one in Romania. Bro, completely cr4p! Ugly, noisy, old, smelly, slow !!!

I mean. Ok, i'm acclimated to the Spanish trains but that was just unbearable!!! Not wanting to boost up again Spain so i'll say a true fact about Spanish train lines in a spoiler, if you want you can see it.

Spoiler
but Spain is considered to have the 2nd best trains in the world after France and it's the 2nd country in the world in high speed lines just after China, a country 30 times bigger. It even surpassed Japan.

Gladly I travelled there with my own car. I love travelling by car, so I can see the landscapes.

Slovenia was astonshingly and amazingly beautiful to be honest. It's all green. ALL ! In fact it's the only country in Europe with more people living in rural areas than in urban areas. (more than 50%)

BRO that country was AWESOME. Their roads are TOP CLASS, nothing to difference them from Spanish, French, German, Dutch or Austrian roads. No joke. Their country is astonishing!

The carriages I travelled in were perfectly comfortable, if a little hot inside, but the seating was good and there were toilets. The locomotives were still from the Soviet era, which honestly stunned me, these were the same engines you see in the black and white movies from the communist era decades before I was even born! Many of the carriages are decades old with the opening passenger windows, some have aircon some don't. I just happened to score the better ones on the intercity runs.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vackertvader View Post
sound like an exagerration. the more populated a 1st world country is, the better the roads are for obvious reasons.
No it's not!

That what's I was saying it mate.

Slovenia has roads as nice as Spain, France, Germany, etc which are very populated countries.

Quote:
It's annoying the way that West talks down on Eastern Europe or Latin America or whatever when they have their own problems. Fun fact: not all of Eastern Europe is ugly and poor. Not all of Latin America is a cartel/guerrilla filled jungle. It's fun to harp on Havana or Norilsk, but we can do the same. When someone posts a picture of Norilsk to show how sad and poor Russia is, we can just post pictures of Detroit or Baltimore or St. Louis
I know. Romania is astonishingly beautiful. It's amongst the most beautiful countries of Europe. It has extremely dense forests, very high peaks, few semi-arid landscapes, huge rivers and even coastline.

I was really impressed with that country. I should post some pics of my travel there from 2015. Many parts of the country look as cared as the 1st world. Besides it's true that many of it's countryside... it's like returning 30 years ago. And they also barely have some decent roads and highways, but my Romanian friends told me that it's for the big corruption and stuff. Still many towns look very well cared.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:24 PM

I remember reading a story written by a British humanitarian who traveled to Bulgaria in the 1870s during their conflict with the Ottoman Empire. He was expecting there to be a bunch of rundown shacks and slums everywhere, but was surprised to see a first world country with beautiful architecture and hardoworking people. He even said that the quality of the buildings wouldnt look out of place in England

I would love to backpack across Southeast Europe one day. Bulgaria in particular seems like a very beautiful country with its nature, and Bulgarians and Russians we're totally bros

Old 07-18-2017, 01:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDUQFwCduek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather