Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider the climate to be a monsoon or mediterranean climate?
Monsoon 4 66.67%
Mediterranean 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 11:38 PM

1,056 posts, read 726,955 times

Advertisements

This is basically a carbon copy of my nightmare climate. Took me a while to make.

https://imgur.com/a/7uxjSjT

Please rate this climate. Way, way WAY worse than a solid F- from me. End of story. Goodnight. The end.

EDIT: If the image link doesn't work, please let me know so I can have mom help fix it later. I forgot how to properly work it. It's been over a year without my experience, so I had to try with the best I had.

EDIT 2: Accidentally typed 0mm for yearly precip. Oops. It was actually supposed to be 1526mm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 11:48 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,777,073 times
You want BB code. Also why the hell isn’t that in a wiki box lol.

Old 10-04-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
You want BB code.
I tried that at first, but the image wasn't showing in the preview. Better now?

[IMG]<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/7uxjSjT"><a href="//imgur.com/a/7uxjSjT">L.A.M.'s Nightmare Climate</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/IMG]

EDIT: See? It doesn't work. UGH.

Quote:
Also why the hell isn’t that in a wiki box lol.
I don't know how to make those without messing up a wiki page. Also, I don't want to take copyrighted material where it doesn't belong, and I know I've been a decent artist for years.

Old 10-04-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Belt-lover L.A.M. View Post
I tried that at first, but the image wasn't showing in the preview. Better now?

[IMG]<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/7uxjSjT"><a href="//imgur.com/a/7uxjSjT">L.A.M.'s Nightmare Climate</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/IMG]

EDIT: See? It doesn't work. UGH.

I don't know how to make those without messing up a wiki page. Also, I don't want to take copyrighted material where it doesn't belong, and I know I've been a decent artist for years.
Open a sandbox on wikipedia then copy-paste the information from a weatherbox present on a wiki page onto your sandbox. You can then create your own weatherboxes without changing a wiki page for a real place.

Here's your weatherbox

Old 10-04-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
Open a sandbox on wikipedia then copy-paste the information from a weatherbox present on a wiki page onto your sandbox. You can then create your own weatherboxes without changing a wiki page for a real place.

Here's your weatherbox
Thank you! How do I find their sandbox mode?

Anyways, now the real discussion about the "Rate the climate" can start, too.

Old 10-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Thank you! How do I find their sandbox mode?

Anyways, now the real discussion about the "Rate the climate" can start, too.
Create an account and it will be located at the top right of any wikipedia page.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:00 PM

3,341 posts, read 5,560,493 times
Quote:
This is basically a carbon copy of my nightmare climate. Took me a while to make.

https://imgur.com/a/7uxjSjT

Please rate this climate. Way, way WAY worse than a solid F- from me. End of story. Goodnight. The end.

EDIT: If the image link doesn't work, please let me know so I can have mom help fix it later. I forgot how to properly work it. It's been over a year without my experience, so I had to try with the best I had.

EDIT 2: Accidentally typed 0mm for yearly precip. Oops. It was actually supposed to be 1526mm.
Really?

Old 10-04-2019, 10:07 PM

623 posts, read 675,650 times
This hurts my eyes. Please make a wiki box or at least a spreadsheet with straight lines.

I rate this an F, because it has deadly heat and cold. October is the only month that isn't actively trying to kill me. The climate is not monsoon or mediterranean. Maybe monsoon since the rain falls in 2 months.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:20 AM

EDIT: https://imgur.com/7x0xJ1q Please help. I got it in a wikibox but can't figure out how to make the image work. I'm so so sorry that I can't do this; I really want to and try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch41 View Post
October is the only month that isn't actively trying to kill me.
Indeed. I meant to do that. Now you know why it's my "nightmare climate." Hahahaha!

Old 10-05-2019, 12:43 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,957,243 times
Definitely a nightmare in more ways than one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather