Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 12:00 PM

75 posts, read 107,975 times

Advertisements

Same with China
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 12:06 PM

Same with China it has warm places such as sanya as cold places such as mohe

Old 05-24-2021, 01:15 PM

3,053 posts, read 2,030,049 times
We spent a few spring weeks in England (or is it called UK now?) few years back and we considered it rainy compared to MidAtlantic back home. Every-single-day the weather guy on TV cautioned there would be some rainy bits and some sunny bits and he was always correct lol.

I have not travelled the world but will say that travelers compare the country they are visiting to their home base. So England was a bit rainier than our home. No "rainy" but "rainier." And I'd say India would be hotter than our home now in North Carolina except for mountainous India, so talking generally not specifically.

People in winter want go to warmer places (generally) than their homes that may be colder, well unless they are skiers, in which case they'll go to snowier places than their home. It's always a comparison, not an outright call.

Why are you mad about how people define their view of another countries climate? They aren't in charge, it's just their own comparison.

Old 05-24-2021, 01:38 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,939,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin35 View Post
Okay maybe I'm listening to biased people who want defend own country but sometimes I do not know what why USA is thought to be most climatically diverse country on earth China to is diverse
I have never in my 74 years living in the USA heard anyone say or write they think its climate USA is the "most climatically diverse country on earth". Or heard anyone say all of China is the same -- including my four grandparents, none of whom finished grade school.

Old 05-24-2021, 02:03 PM

396 posts, read 417,266 times
Quote:
Okay maybe I'm listening to biased people who want defend own country but sometimes I do not know what why USA is thought to be most climatically diverse country on earth China to is diverse
Maybe because the US us leading the world in carbon reduction activities, and China is continuing to be the worlds largest polluter?

Old 05-24-2021, 02:23 PM

Saibot I'm not from the USA but because I speak English language of England (UK) so does the USA so I dream of living their not just because there is no language barrier but because there s o much to do so much explore I could Death Valley see the northern lights go skiing in Colorado to surfing in California so yeah.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:07 PM

11,651 posts, read 12,945,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I have never in my 74 years living in the USA heard anyone say or write they think its climate USA is the "most climatically diverse country on earth". Or heard anyone say all of China is the same -- including my four grandparents, none of whom finished grade school.
The idea that the US is the most climatically diverse country on earth (or at least up there) has been perpetuated here in the weather forum quiet a lot.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:53 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
I mean that it is not thought be hot like India or the Middle East or that is not thought be cold like Russia when India has cold places and Russia has warm places so why not show that instead just labelling them as well is a hot country it is a cold country well USA can be both so can China so can India Russia turkey .

With the US. States are stereotyped not the country as a whole. In a country that has both Alaska and Hawaii one simple stereotype would be silly. If you stereotype the USA. Is it hot, cold, wet, dry or what? Yes is the answer.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:58 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,684,342 times
Quote:
Saibot I'm not from the USA but because I speak English language of England (UK) so does the USA so I dream of living their not just because there is no language barrier but because there s o much to do so much explore I could Death Valley see the northern lights go skiing in Colorado to surfing in California so yeah.
Yes, the US has many natural wonders and I hope you are able to come over to visit or live some time!

Old 05-24-2021, 09:01 PM

859 posts, read 694,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
With the US. States are stereotyped not the country as a whole. In a country that has both Alaska and Hawaii one simple stereotype would be silly. If you stereotype the USA. Is it hot, cold, wet, dry or what? Yes is the answer.
Exactly. The US covers many different climate zones so there's no single climate stereotype. States, however, get their fair share of stereotypes (Florida hot, Alaska cold, Oregon rainy, Michigan snowy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather