Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2023, 09:56 AM

29,551 posts, read 19,645,273 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 12:53 PM

2,934 posts, read 2,022,286 times
52f

28 dew
At 11am

Fresno
No updated info cause noaa is down for us.
Not bad weather
I heard florida is gonna be roasting soon. Enjoy it

Old 04-03-2023, 02:02 PM

29,551 posts, read 19,645,273 times
CFS still holding on to a cooler pattern for the bulk of April but GFS and also the Euro now are showing warmer conditions at least for the next 15 days. Will check the weeklies when they get updated.

Old 04-03-2023, 04:23 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,474,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togan93 View Post
To each their own. I'd trade better fall foliage for several months of warm sunny weather that Nice enjoys. Beats cold and gloominess for over half the year.
I did 23 years down south. I'll take the 4 distinct seasons. I think the prettiest plants are in cold climates. Tulips, lilacs, sugar maples, spruce trees.

Old 04-03-2023, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togan93 View Post
Bingo!

Spring is the biggest problem with Toronto's climate. It's stays cool for too long around here and after months of cold, overcast weather you're getting sick of it.

From November to May we have to dress in layers to go outside and it gets old. Being surrounded by lakes creates lake effect cloud cover and precipitation which only increases gloominess. The cool lakes delay spring warming and temperatures can be much cooler if there's a lake breeze. The cold/snow can drag well into April and in some years even May. Consistent spring weather and warmth usually doesn't arrive until early May or later.

The only consistently warm months here are June-September and it's just not enough. If we could add May and October to the warm season it would help a lot but as it stands now those months are hit and miss at best.
Its interesting comparing Toronto to Minneapolis for this forecast.

You guys are currently a lot warmer, with a high in the mid 50s. Our high in the low 40s. Also we are getting rain/snow mix the new few days getting as cold as the mid 20s. Yet again, by next weekend we are warming up to low 60s while you guys are sticking in the very low 50s. Yours is more chilly but mild, ours is all over the place lol. I wouldn't wear layers at 40s+n though. Just a good sweater/jacket. 40s in sun is mild to me.

Old 04-03-2023, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Snow total so far since October. We are below average but just to the north they have had a ton of snow

This past Friday's severe weather recap

Looks like the Euro is also flipping to a warmer pattern

Blizzard will rage in the Northern Plains

Mid to upper 90s in Florida
How can I access that first map???

Old 04-03-2023, 04:55 PM

30,459 posts, read 21,309,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
And every year I pray for rain earlier and earlier.
I just keep getting more months a year with no rain at all.

Old 04-03-2023, 05:46 PM

5,903 posts, read 6,115,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post

You guys are currently a lot warmer, with a high in the mid 50s. Our high in the low 40s. Also we are getting rain/snow mix the new few days getting as cold as the mid 20s. Yet again, by next weekend we are warming up to low 60s while you guys are sticking in the very low 50s. Yours is more chilly but mild, ours is all over the place lol. I wouldn't wear layers at 40s+n though. Just a good sweater/jacket. 40s in sun is mild to me.
Agree on the jacket. For me it's winter coat if it's <35F, jacket for 35-50F, sweater for 50-65F, t-shirt for 65F+. Roughly speaking. I tend to be a bit conservative just in case the weather turns for the worst (wind, rain, sun going away). The slight overdressing can result in unzipping my coat/sweater if the sun is out.

I don't really ever have to wear hardcore layers (ex double socks, long johns, or more than coat/sweater/t-shirt on my torso). It's rare for me to have to spend much time in <10F temperatures here, it's not often that it gets that cold, and when it does it's usually late at night when I have little reason to be outside, or maybe around dawn but I don't have a reason to go out for long then these days.

Old 04-03-2023, 07:35 PM

5,903 posts, read 6,115,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post

Well, our night-time temperatures are forecast to be quite a lot warmer. Looks like you could get low temps in the high 10s whereas ours are only forecast to dip to the high 20s on Friday night. We only have that one freezing night in our 7 day forecast while you have 5 freezing nights.

We also get our weather ~36hrs later than Minneapolis and ~24hrs later than Chicago, so the warmth you're supposed to get Sat/Sun will arrive Sun/Mon here. Our daily highs will be a bit lower, but our nights will be warmer, resulting in warmer daily means here. Overall variation in daily means across the week is similar in both locations, however our diurnal range is currently forecast to be about 7F narrower.

Old 04-03-2023, 08:17 PM

157 posts, read 65,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
And every year I pray for rain earlier and earlier.
Here it comes warm April and spring this time, though not for the west. Finally though not a backloaded spring for part of the country. Hopefully the pattern will continue through May and warm into summer.
Attached Thumbnails
Spring Weather Thread 2023 (Northern Hem)-img_2041.jpeg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather