Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 07:47 AM

26,428 posts, read 46,599,435 times

Advertisements

0F is no problem at all for lows after being way below zero last month. However, it looks like 40s for highs by Sunday Some of that snowpack will be melting for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 10:22 AM

604 posts, read 1,872,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I am moving somewhere warm and have a choice between Las Cruces, New Mexico and Tucson, Arizona. Any input on which I should choose?

Both have pretty much the same climate- DESERT

I guess it depends on which large city you want to live close to:
Las Cruces you're close to El Paso/ Ciudad Juarez (great mexican food anywhere you go btw), or Tuscon you're close to Phoenix (6th largest city in the US)

Old 02-05-2009, 10:37 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,451,343 times
Quote:
I am moving somewhere warm and have a choice between Las Cruces, New Mexico and Tucson, Arizona. Any input on which I should choose?
Sorry. I've never been to either place. Have you visited both places? Which one do you prefer? Just from viewing pics~I like the scenery in Las Cruces better then desert scenery, but that's just me. Wouldn't Tucson's winters be warmer though?

Old 02-05-2009, 12:23 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,020,804 times
From the "North" of the UK here, but can still say we are "enjoying" the coldest and soon to be "snowiest" winter on record for some years! Plus the spring forecast indicates cooler temperatures, may be the cool down has really begun for us here after a warm 90's and 2000's so far with the longest stretch of below average temp months in a good while.

Not a bad winter though I don't personally enjoy cold much, it feels "proper" to be having a winter like this after a bunch of mild and dull "pseudo-winters".

Old 02-05-2009, 02:25 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,474,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Sorry. I've never been to either place. Have you visited both places? Which one do you prefer? Just from viewing pics~I like the scenery in Las Cruces better then desert scenery, but that's just me. Wouldn't Tucson's winters be warmer though?
I've visited both places and I like both of them. Tucson's winters are warmer but Las Cruces is a lot warmer than here. Both places are warm enough for me. Ironically, when I visited, it was the coldest day of the year. I thought it was too cold in both cities, but I don't hold that against them because I realize something like that would be a very rare occurrence. It was just bad timing that I happened to be in the Southwest during a cold snap. It would be different if I lived there because I would know it will warm up soon. But it was upsetting that I was only in the Southwest for 3 days on what was supposed to be a warm weather getaway. It didn't warm up until the last day I was there.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:38 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,451,343 times
Quote:
I've visited both places and I like both of them. Tucson's winters are warmer but Las Cruces is a lot warmer than here. Both places are warm enough for me. Ironically, when I visited, it was the coldest day of the year. I thought it was too cold in both cities, but I don't hold that against them because I realize something like that would be a very rare occurrence. It was just bad timing that I happened to be in the Southwest during a cold snap. It would be different if I lived there because I would know it will warm up soon. But it was upsetting that I was only in the Southwest for 3 days on what was supposed to be a warm weather getaway. It didn't warm up until the last day I was there.
Your luck is the same as mine. Whenever we vacation, you can bet it'll either be pouring rain or a cold spell or something.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:50 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,963,145 times
Quote:
Las Cruces, NM has colder/snowier winters than Tucson. I'd say there is about a 10-degree difference in annual average temps. It can get cold in Las Cruces, and usually a stiff wind comes with that. But it's 70+ about 6-7 months of the year.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:07 PM

26,428 posts, read 46,599,435 times
The only place I would live in NM would probably be Santa Fe. If I have to live at such a low latitude it must be at a much higher elevation.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:50 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
Even though I whine about the wind chill, I would not want to give up winter. Six to seven months of 70+ would not be good for me, I need a variety of temps!

Old 02-06-2009, 02:00 PM

604 posts, read 1,872,268 times
btw I think spring just started in Tejas
it's currently (in San Antonio) 77F with a dewpoint of 50F and a nice strong SE wind coming off the gulf. There were lots of low cumulus this morning- it's such a beautiful day!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather