Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2013, 10:53 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
MeteoMan: my life suck really bad. I am never happy and spend too much time indoors complaining about vacuum cleaners.
My life suck really bad. Did MeteoMan become Chinese all of a sudden?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
This thread got boring
Ylvis - The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) [Official music video HD] - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Probably. Malmö is a bad multicultural experiment. It's still a walk in the park if you compare with places like Camden, NJ.

My point was, that we have a certain sub-culture of middle-aged men who are complete castouts of the society, and this group is responsible for much of the violent crime in Finland. These people are professional alcoholics, and responsible for a "culture" that is largely unknown in the other Nordic Countries. Behave like crack addicts, but these are alcoholics instead and often just stab their fellows 6ft under.
Ahh I see. Oh what's that one neighborhood that's the worst in Finland called? It's full of these people right? It's north of Helsinki or something?

Quote:
Why don't you go nuts? You have a long history regarding this. How about a good old rant? Some violent threats maybe? Beating patrix up or something?
Must be sunny in Buxton lately

Old 11-23-2013, 12:46 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,704,209 times
Quote:
Probably. Malmö is a bad multicultural experiment. It's still a walk in the park if you compare with places like Camden, NJ.

My point was, that we have a certain sub-culture of middle-aged men who are complete castouts of the society, and this group is responsible for much of the violent crime in Finland. These people are professional alcoholics, and responsible for a "culture" that is largely unknown in the other Nordic Countries. Behave like crack addicts, but these are alcoholics instead and often just stab their fellows 6ft under.
I wonder if they are like some of the alcoholics in the bad part of town here and go to the pharmacy and buy as much listerine as they can...

Old 11-23-2013, 05:47 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Ahh I see. Oh what's that one neighborhood that's the worst in Finland called? It's full of these people right? It's north of Helsinki or something?
All the 'hoods' have been gentrified during the last 15 years. But you surely meant Lahti, NE of Helsinki that is.. Yes, it's a very sad place with a ridiculous amount of unemployment, but it's still a functioning city.

Those people I talked about are homeless outcasts, and mostly keep among themselves. Still, these people should be in rehab and not on the streets.

The spirit of Lahti:

Old 11-23-2013, 06:31 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,689,589 times
Quote:
Why don't you go nuts? You have a long history regarding this. How about a good old rant? Some violent threats maybe? Beating patrix up or something?
You're not worth the effort.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:55 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
All the 'hoods' have been gentrified during the last 15 years. But you surely meant Lahti, NE of Helsinki that is.. Yes, it's a very sad place with a ridiculous amount of unemployment, but it's still a functioning city.

Those people I talked about are homeless outcasts, and mostly keep among themselves. Still, these people should be in rehab and not on the streets.

The spirit of Lahti:

That is called middle class here in NJ. Now here is a real hood. Even cops don't venture out there in broad daylight. I feel sorry for that women and her child. They might not even make it back home :

Camden:
http://deadreckoning1.files.wordpres...den_fatboy.jpg

Old 11-23-2013, 06:57 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Yes, if that's the worst Finland has to offer, then consider yourselves lucky. Many US cities have areas that are absolute **** holes. High violent crime rate, rampant drug use, high unemployment, corrupt government, etc. It's really sad. There is high racial and economic segregation in this country.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Yes, if that's the worst Finland has to offer, then consider yourselves lucky. Many US cities have areas that are absolute **** holes. High violent crime rate, rampant drug use, high unemployment, corrupt government, etc. It's really sad. There is high racial and economic segregation in this country.
Especially true in NJ. Watch the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. America is heading 3rd world and politicians have successfully exterminated the middle class. Hope they are happy .

The rich get richer: Data show N.J.'s upper class growing rapidly while middle class languishes | NJ.com

Old 11-23-2013, 07:22 AM

ilovemycomputer90, snj90 & Me (The Jersey dudes ): Cant wait for another 90 F summer day. Wish it happened more often as it rarely touches 90 F here.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:52 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,455,466 times
ilovemycomputer90: I hate my computer.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:55 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Especially true in NJ. Watch the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. America is heading 3rd world and politicians have successfully exterminated the middle class. Hope they are happy .

The rich get richer: Data show N.J.'s upper class growing rapidly while middle class languishes | NJ.com
NJ is exactly like Puerto Rico. The rich and poor live in close proximity to each other, and nothing changes except the divide gets bigger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather