Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 03:07 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times

Advertisements

Though winters are fairly mild here in Seattle, summers (though usually nice) are wayyyyyyy too short for me. Looking forward to retirement on our land in SE Arizona (summer highs in upper 80's and low 90's, winter highs in the low-mid 60's).

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Though winters are fairly mild here in Seattle, summers (though usually nice) are wayyyyyyy too short for me. Looking forward to retirement on our land in SE Arizona (summer highs in upper 80's and low 90's, winter highs in the low-mid 60's).

Ken
been to seattle 3 times i was up there in like 1982 for four months and all it did was rain they had the worst storm that year in 40 years!!! i wanted to get outa there.. my uncle has lived in like 8 different locations in washington state he lives in richland by the columbia river now... it's like night and day it's so different than everett seattle.. had fun at mt baker and mt rainer though.. i like the mountains and all the green in the cascades it's the emerald state thats for sure..

Old 06-29-2009, 03:47 PM

Yeah, the difference between east and west of the Cascades is astonishing - rain forest on one side, desert on the other (classic textbook rainshadow situation (to the absolute extreme)).

It IS beautiful up here when the weather is nice (like today). In fact, under these conditions there is NO PLACE in the "Lower 48" more beautiful than the Puget Sound region. Problem is (as you well know) all too often the weather is dreary, cool and wet - hence our eventual move to Arizona.

Ken

Old 06-29-2009, 04:15 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
I live in Miami and can't stand the almost year round heat and humidity. We have 4 months of nice weather January-April (Snowbird season). The rest of the year it's in the 80s and 90s and most of the time humid, making it feel hotter than it actually is. I want year round 50s to low 70s temps only found in California.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well here in the us vi the weather is pretty good all year round exept in aug sep oct it gets a little humid and hot but the rest of the year it's great weather here!!!!! u can always work out doors or go to the beach or something like that

i guess if i was moving from here it would not be the weather that chased me off

I hate NYC weather I am a beach person so the sun all year round is my type of place to live.

I am thinking Florida when I have enough savings

Old 06-29-2009, 04:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I love the weather for about eight months but summers can be hot.Mid sept to about mid june is fine most years. I hate long cold winters.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:41 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, the difference between east and west of the Cascades is astonishing - rain forest on one side, desert on the other (classic textbook rainshadow situation (to the absolute extreme)).

It IS beautiful up here when the weather is nice (like today). In fact, under these conditions there is NO PLACE in the "Lower 48" more beautiful than the Puget Sound region. Problem is (as you well know) all too often the weather is dreary, cool and wet - hence our eventual move to Arizona.

Ken
ya if the weather was a lot better it would be one of the best places to live in the continuous united states that's for sure!!! there's so much lakes and mountains and greenery.. it's the depressing weather most of the time that kills it in my book..

Old 06-29-2009, 08:44 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
Actually I hope to leave Minnesota because of Midwestern summer weather. Too hot! Hopefully, I'll be in the Pacific NW next year. Won't mind the rainy winters, will miss the snow, but will never miss the extremes of our only two seasons.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Actually I hope to leave Minnesota because of Midwestern summer weather. Too hot! Hopefully, I'll be in the Pacific NW next year. Won't mind the rainy winters, will miss the snow, but will never miss the extremes of our only two seasons.
Actually, it's not the rainy winters I mind so much as the fact that it takes FOREVER to warm up come spring. Compared to the Minnesota winters you've no doubt seen, winter will hardly seem like winter at all - more like a long dreary fall that eventually merges into a long dreary spring. You certainly shouldn't be cold in the winter - nor hot in the summer for that matter.

Ken

Old 06-30-2009, 09:35 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I was surprised at the last part of your sentence. I thought you were going to say you were relocating because of the Midwestern cold winters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather