Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:32 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times

Advertisements

Worst Bridesmaid Dresses | Wedding Ideas

Holy Moley!! I would rather drop out of these weddings than be caught dead wearing any of these dresses. I don't care if the bride was being a bridezilla about it!

What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 11:06 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Worst Bridesmaid Dresses | Wedding Ideas

Holy Moley!! I would rather drop out of these weddings than be caught dead wearing any of these dresses. I don't care if the bride was being a bridezilla about it!

What do you guys think?
It's almost too easy to go to that well because that's what everyone wore in the 70's and 80's..... and some of them were Irish Traveler's weddings and they are all way over the top.... and the half naked weddings -- yep, I'm with you. No way I'd do that. The oddball Ren-Faire weddings -- if I knew those kinds of people, I'd be into dressing like that, too.

In all honesty they really could have found some fugly dresses they make today and go from there.... because they still make them....

Old 07-27-2011, 12:08 PM

538 posts, read 1,522,022 times
Well, obviously those photos are quite dated and those dresses wouldn't go over well now, but those dresses and photos are not current. So, at the time, I bet they were lovely dresses. Why the unnecessary drama here, CMP?

Old 07-27-2011, 12:41 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I'm not a woman so maybe I shouldn't be judging this but there's only 3 I really didn't like and found something wrong with. The gothic-antichrist looking one where they barely had any clothes on and the vegas-tramps where they look like they came from a strip club. And the very last one. Where they didn't have any clothes on.

I hate that marriage is being turned into a joke. How could you wear something so embarassing and unclassy to someone your pledging to be with for the rest of your life? Being naked or looking like a tramp to your wedding? Come on. I understand sex has permeated almost all aspects of our culture but seriously, keep some things sacred.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:28 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Check out this bridal gown:

http://manolobrides.com/images/opheliaAllure.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-27-2011, 01:35 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Check out this bridal gown:

http://manolobrides.com/images/opheliaAllure.jpg (broken link)
What is that!? who in their right mind would wear that!? It'd be even worse if a heavy girl wore it. *shudders*

Old 07-27-2011, 01:36 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
What is that!? who in their right mind would wear that!? It'd be even worse if a heavy girl wore it. *shudders*
A bare midriff wedding dress. I don't know why anyone would wear something like that.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Most of the early on ones are just dated, and are actually completely average for their time period. My mom was a bridesmaid in at least three weddings in the 70s that did the "multiple sherbet-colored ensembles" thing like in the very first photograph. She was lavender most times; I used the outfits in school plays years later.

It looked like a lot of them are theme weddings, too, not your average bridal party fare. Not really my thing, but I've been to Highland-themed weddings, where the groom and groomsmen all wore kilts, the SCA-type weddings with Renaissance Faire garb, tropical "barefoot on the beach" weddings in sundresses with flower leis, etc. Whatever.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:55 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
The first wedding I was ever in was a Christmas wedding (I was a candlelighter), the dresses were very similar to the red velvet ones, not that bad for the late 60s.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:33 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm not a woman so maybe I shouldn't be judging this but there's only 3 I really didn't like and found something wrong with. The gothic-antichrist looking one where they barely had any clothes on and the vegas-tramps where they look like they came from a strip club. And the very last one. Where they didn't have any clothes on.

I hate that marriage is being turned into a joke. How could you wear something so embarassing and unclassy to someone your pledging to be with for the rest of your life? Being naked or looking like a tramp to your wedding? Come on. I understand sex has permeated almost all aspects of our culture but seriously, keep some things sacred.
Well -- I'm gonna get slammed here (like I did on another board) and get called a fuddy duddy (which I am) but in my opinion strapless wedding gowns -- great for outdoor weddings, great for weddings in halls and other places.... BUT NOT FOR CHURCHES.

To me -- weddings in churches require the bride cover her shoulders and at least part of her arm....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings