Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:43 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,243,841 times

Advertisements

She's pulling a black cloud above her wedding. You two aren't really close enough for you to let her darken yours.
Shrug your mental shoulders and shake your head about how silly some people can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 07:24 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,120,780 times
This person is obviously not a true friend to you. You chose a date that worked for you and your family. It's not like she's a best friend or a relative and even if she were the weddings are two weeks apart, not on the same day! A lot of people that come into our lives are just friends for a season. I've had very close friends where the friendship was strong during a certain time period and then fizzled out. Only a few people are going to be true life long friends. She had plenty of time to speak up if the date bothered her that bad. Now she's giving you the silent treatment over this? That's so immature honestly. I would just write her off at this point and enjoy your wedding planning! Congratulations!

Old 01-12-2017, 11:04 AM

80 posts, read 70,444 times
She needs to get a life and you need to stop worrying about catering to all your guests schedules. It is what it is. If people can make it, yay but if they can't oh well. And stressing over some drama queen who thinks she owns April weddings....is this chick 12? The world doesn't revolve around her wedding.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:52 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,160,813 times
Your "friend" is way out of line. I'm sorry that she has caused you so much upset when this should be a happy time. You already have your family drama to deal with...you really don't need this from someone who is supposed to care about you.

I think she is showing you her true colors. It is important for the sake of one's happiness to weed out toxic people as you mature. Someone who may have been fun to hang out with in school may not be a fit once you are more fully formed adults. Everyone goes through this, and it's sad, but it's also a relief when you realize it's best to surround yourself with people who build you up, not those who try to tear you down. It's not the quantity of friends who are important, it's the quality.

I understand your sadness, but based on what you've posted I suspect you will be happier moving on from this "friend." Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and enjoy yourself!!

Old 01-12-2017, 12:36 PM

19 posts, read 31,559 times
Thank you all so much for your replies.

I talked to the mutual friend who will be coming up twice for the weddings, and she also didn't think anything of it.

As far as my friend, she still has not responded to my letter which is definitely a huge OUCH.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:28 PM

19 posts, read 31,559 times
Update - I know this might not change things, but I did go back and look at the text messages after I have had some time to cool off. When I looked at my friends text message when she said it hurt her feelings that I scheduled my wedding two weeks after hers, she wasn't being attacking or blaming, she was more just saying how she felt. She was simply trying to explain why she had sent a rude text message earlier when it came to my shower. She then said she would try to move on from it and that she was happy for me and my fiancé.

Upon reflecting about it, maybe I should've just left it at that. However, I felt compelled to defend myself and explain myself, and express how nothing I did was done to hurt her. I guess for me it would've been hard just saying "oh I didn't know you felt that way, but I agree, let's move on." I guess I became upset at that point that I was being accused of hurting her feelings. that's when this turn into a fight. I think I was the one who turned it into a drama.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:07 PM

36 posts, read 28,193 times
Why is this even a "thing"? Total nonsense!

Old 01-13-2017, 01:15 PM

19,455 posts, read 27,907,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wardall View Post
Why is this even a "thing"? Total nonsense!
//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...rwhelming.html

Old 01-14-2017, 12:46 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggirll View Post
She needs to get a life and you need to stop worrying about catering to all your guests schedules. It is what it is. If people can make it, yay but if they can't oh well. And stressing over some drama queen who thinks she owns April weddings....is this chick 12? The world doesn't revolve around her wedding.
This!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings