Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 06:47 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,494,957 times

Advertisements

I did a lot of stuff for my own wedding (made invitations and so on)...and when my friend got married a year ago, it was on the beach and then the reception in her yard, I helped her with that. I did all of the table centerpieces.

I went to AC moore I think it was...no, I think it was Micheal's and purchase glass jars- I think they were 2 for a dollar. I put potpourri inside each along with glass stones in the color of the wedding (fall) and then bought bunches of fake fall flowers at the same store (it was all at the same store) with a lot of fall color leaves (cheap and beautiful) and made little bunches to put inside the glass jars. I then bought ribbon in fall color, wrapped it around the top of the jar, tied it into a bow and stuck it to the glass jar with hot glue. I then sprayed it with the same scent as the potpourri inside (that morning). Each table had 2 of these, spaced on the table. In between these 2 arrangements I purchased smaller glass jars of the same types, did similar ribbon/bows on it (not the exact same but in the same color scheme), and then inside those were candles. I made sure the candles were smaller than the jars so that the wind wouldn't blow them out.

All together, for all of the arrangements and candle arrangements, I might have spent about $200. A lot of labor though, but I like doing that. I also made extra to put in the bathroom.

We sprinkled fake fall leaves and colored stones all on the cake table.

Cheap white "christmas light strands" placed all over is a pretty effect too.

Are you making the invitations? I ***MIGHT*** still have my template somewhere. I made my own invitations, RSVP's and map cards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 06:53 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,162,591 times
mrshvo, we had discussed the invitations briefly. I believe that she will only be sending invites to people out of town. Not sure if she is going to make them but if you have the template and its not much trouble, I would love to have it.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:57 AM

O.K. another hurdle we have come across.......... she does not want the traditional "Bridal March" for the walk down the isle. Anyone have any suggestions. Please keep in mind they are southern or redneck if you like, although she does listen to quite a bit of (not rap) but booty music/ top 40 (I guess you'd call it).

Old 03-15-2008, 07:00 AM

I sure as heck did not do that bridal march. I hate that. I did "Ode to Joy" by Beethoven. Do a seach for a sound byte or something like that and you'll pull it up.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
I sure as heck did not do that bridal march. I hate that. I did "Ode to Joy" by Beethoven. Do a seach for a sound byte or something like that and you'll pull it up.
Thank you !

Old 03-15-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
mrshvo, we had discussed the invitations briefly. I believe that she will only be sending invites to people out of town. Not sure if she is going to make them but if you have the template and its not much trouble, I would love to have it.
If you PM me your email, I will probably be able to send them to you sometime today. I have them on a CD somewhere and will download it back to my computer in order to email you the attachment.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,139,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
O.K. another hurdle we have come across.......... she does not want the traditional "Bridal March" for the walk down the isle. Anyone have any suggestions. Please keep in mind they are southern or redneck if you like, although she does listen to quite a bit of (not rap) but booty music/ top 40 (I guess you'd call it).
There is this song
I knew the bride when she use to rock & roll

It was very popular at the weddings I use to DJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings