Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 05:05 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times

Advertisements

What kind of wedding was the best wedding you ever went to....& why?? What made it super unique or special? What things *didn't you like*? How many people attended? Anything about it....style...type of food....dancing or no.....special traditions or super contemporary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 05:15 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Mine!!!

But i like weddings when a lot of people are dancing.

My hubby is Arabic. They have some fun weddings! Those ppl can party!

Old 10-10-2019, 05:19 PM

3,141 posts, read 1,595,514 times
One of the best weddings I went to was a gorgeous venue with a large veranda with multiple seating areas, two mini cocktail bars and a wide variety of appetizer stations. The main course was served in a separate room. Dancing was in a separate room. What I like most was the delicious food and the separate rooms. I don't enjoy weddings that are in one large room dominated by a large dance floor and loud music. At my age (a senior), I prefer a set up that allows walking from room to room and engaging in conversation with many different people.

Old 10-10-2019, 05:25 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,960,626 times
"What kind of wedding was the best wedding you ever went to....& why??"
Jewish wedding in Boston.

"What made it super unique or special?"
our first all-out, no-expense-spared Jewish wedding.

"What things *didn't you like*?"
started late.

"How many people attended?"
~300.

"Anything about it....style...type of food....dancing or no.....special traditions or super contemporary?"
all of that and much more.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:18 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Wedding ceremony at a city park.

Reception at a family backyard with a pig in the ground.

Spend a lot of the photographer, 10 years later, 20 years later, what you will carry on with will be those photos.

Old 02-20-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
One of the best weddings I went to was a gorgeous venue with a large veranda with multiple seating areas, two mini cocktail bars and a wide variety of appetizer stations. The main course was served in a separate room. Dancing was in a separate room. What I like most was the delicious food and the separate rooms. I don't enjoy weddings that are in one large room dominated by a large dance floor and loud music. At my age (a senior), I prefer a set up that allows walking from room to room and engaging in conversation with many different people.

I really liked this Maddie.........it is a fabulous idea & was so helpful to me. I thought about it so much that we went with a different venue than I was originally thinking!!! I like the idea of having lots of spaces....outdoor & indoor....instead of just one big room. Older family & friends can get away from the music or dancing.........or get a breath of fresh air. Thank you so much........

Old 02-24-2020, 03:52 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Hate to say this because it's completely a matter of personal preference, but the aspect I most disliked about the weddings I've been to, has been when the ceremony is a matter of either an officiant, or even multiple friends (in my brother's case) droning on and on reading religious text excerpts. I'm not religious and it bored me to tears. I'm keeping my ceremony to half an hour, let's read some vows, exchange rings, and get on with the party, I figure!

My Mom had a midnight wedding in a (supposedly) haunted church once. That was interesting. Too bad she was marring a guy she didn't even like, and she got an annulment like 2 weeks later. lol

I love the idea of outdoor weddings, and there can be so many beautiful places that you can have one, and in fact my ceremony is happening outdoors. But I often wonder, what do people do if it pours down rain? I think I need to speak with the venue where I'm having mine, because if we got moving in the morning and rain was in the forecast, I think we'd want to have it in the room we're planning our reception in, which would really be fine since it's a pretty space, too.

There's a spot here in Colorado where people have weddings, I've been just to visit a few times, it's really cool.

Bishop Castle

^ Scroll down and look at the gallery... ^

Old 02-24-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm keeping my ceremony to half an hour, let's read some vows, exchange rings, and get on with the party, I figure!

Ita......our ceremony is going to be less than that..... 20 minutes & then people can move right to the reception......but we're not religious either. I like weddings that are about visiting & talking to the guests & dancing the night away...............

Old 02-24-2020, 05:10 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ita......our ceremony is going to be less than that..... 20 minutes & then people can move right to the reception......but we're not religious either. I like weddings that are about visiting & talking to the guests & dancing the night away...............
2 out of 3 of the weddings I've attended, I was in the wedding party itself, all three featured the interminable droning on blahh blahhhh blaaaahhhhh just kill me, and I would bet it seemed even longer to me simply because I was wearing very uncomfortable shoes.

This is another "rule" of my wedding. No one wears uncomfortable shoes, unless they want and choose to on their own.

Actually I'm not even having a wedding party...best man, bridesmaids, any of that. I just want it to be the two of us and our officiant. Keep things as simple as possible.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
2 out of 3 of the weddings I've attended, I was in the wedding party itself, all three featured the interminable droning on blahh blahhhh blaaaahhhhh just kill me, and I would bet it seemed even longer to me simply because I was wearing very uncomfortable shoes.

This is another "rule" of my wedding. No one wears uncomfortable shoes, unless they want and choose to on their own.

Actually I'm not even having a wedding party...best man, bridesmaids, any of that. I just want it to be the two of us and our officiant. Keep things as simple as possible.

You decided not to have a bridal party either?? Then you don't have to worry about that as a rule ......they will be wearing the shoes they want!!!! Not many heels are comfortable for dancing tho..........that's why it's so popular for us to kick off our shoes to dance.......

We're having a judge marry us.........no bridal party but our guests will be there & then move right to the reception......it's all at the same venue. Maddie's suggestion on this thread was super helpful.............giving people different rooms & outdoor spaces they can go to just talk....or dance.....or get some fresh air........................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings