Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 12:07 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times

Advertisements

I've got reds in my mind..........with a kinda simple white dress & black tux........for a winter NYE wedding. BUT........I'm stuck. A website I'm on suggested roses and calla lilies....but I don't think so. Another one had red & pink roses....I dunno about the pink & red together. Pink alone....or red alone......might do it.

What would be your favorite color or colors in a wedding bouqet.......

edit: AND it doesn't have to be just roses.......any flower combination or colors for ideas please.........thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 09:24 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
My bouquet ended up being pink and red gerbera daisies. I wouldn’t recommend that colour combo.

Red seems to suit the type of wedding you’re having, but I personally find roses boring.

Do you have a picture of your dress you could share? It might give a better idea of what could go with it. Something elaborate, or simple, or cascading, more greenery than floral? So many choices.

Old 04-25-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
My bouquet ended up being pink and red gerbera daisies. I wouldn’t recommend that colour combo.

Red seems to suit the type of wedding you’re having, but I personally find roses boring.

Do you have a picture of your dress you could share? It might give a better idea of what could go with it. Something elaborate, or simple, or cascading, more greenery than floral? So many choices.

Thank you....I kinda agree tho I saw some red & white rose combinations that were pretty & still popped with the red without overdoing it. I've also seen red white & a touch of pink & greenery that was super pretty.

I don't want to share any pictures of the dress I have on order ....until after my wedding as the big reveal. My groom could see it..... My dress is contemporary....chic....with a sweep train. It's formal in a nontraditional way........

Old 04-25-2020, 10:07 AM

I googled 2020 winter bridal bouquets and I’m giggling at all the pine cones I’m seeing.

What about something with this colour palette?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/7574..._listing_top-6

Old 04-27-2020, 01:28 PM

I just saw a picture of a really big bouquet of large flowering red amaryllis, blush garden roses & cascading greenery.......love it!!!

Old 04-29-2020, 04:38 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I just saw a picture of a really big bouquet of large flowering red amaryllis, blush garden roses & cascading greenery.......love it!!!
Years ago I worked at a floral wholesaler and we served florists who did some bridal fairs. I got to see the cutting edge of bridal design and I always loved that style. It looks unconstructed and natural, even though it’s not at all.

Then it was the Single Large Statement Bloom, with the wide long ribbon. It was usually a Calla lily, or an Antherium. I don’t mind Calla Lillies, but I hate Antheriums. Sometimes it was a Rhubrum Lilly.

Later on we went to the high and tight bouquet. The mound of roses with a small amount of greenery. I really didn’t like those.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Years ago I worked at a floral wholesaler and we served florists who did some bridal fairs. I got to see the cutting edge of bridal design and I always loved that style. It looks unconstructed and natural, even though it’s not at all.

Then it was the Single Large Statement Bloom, with the wide long ribbon. It was usually a Calla lily, or an Antherium. I don’t mind Calla Lillies, but I hate Antheriums. Sometimes it was a Rhubrum Lilly.

Later on we went to the high and tight bouquet. The mound of roses with a small amount of greenery. I really didn’t like those.

Thank you so much....I've been kinda fixed on it since seeing it on a florist's site.....it was beautiful & natural looking but popped with the red color too. Ita on the high & tight bouquet BUT my problem is I'm having a nontraditional & contemporary wedding so I dunno if a cascading bouquet fits...............

Old 04-29-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much....I've been kinda fixed on it since seeing it on a florist's site.....it was beautiful & natural looking but popped with the red color too. Ita on the high & tight bouquet BUT my problem is I'm having a nontraditional & contemporary wedding so I dunno if a cascading bouquet fits...............
A florist should be able to offer suggestions. Also, you don’t want a bouquet that overwhelms your dress.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:46 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Find a good florist, someone who doesn’t do the Number 27 from The Big Book of Bridal Bouquets.

A good florist can take your ideas and modernize it with jazzier flowers or even different things like wired holographic ribbon formed into tiny firework looking flowers, which would brighten the bouquet.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
A florist should be able to offer suggestions. Also, you don’t want a bouquet that overwhelms your dress.

The appt. with my florist won't be for months...........my wedding planner will take care of that but she told me to be thinking about colors & type of flowers so I have a good idea of what I want. We already talked about some possibilities for my dress......ita about not wanting something to overwhelm it.....but I am going a more formal style...glam & chic... (just super NON traditional)....so the simple high & tight bouquet that can be kinda rustic or farmhouse isn't for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings