Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2023, 01:50 AM

536 posts, read 392,372 times

Advertisements

My own of course. It's just being with and being around the people you love and feeling their love, support, and joy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2023, 05:35 PM

9,114 posts, read 6,155,520 times
I loved all of my weddings!

At each of them, I was surrounded by loving family and friends. We partied and enjoyed ourselves.

The marriages? A different tale.

Old 04-26-2023, 05:04 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I loved all of my weddings!

At each of them, I was surrounded by loving family and friends. We partied and enjoyed ourselves.

The marriages? A different tale.

Can I ask how many you have had? It’s good for you that you can still love all of your weddings, but I can’t separate the marriage from the wedding. My 1st wedding was a lovely wedding by itself BUT because it was an awful marriage & super short, I don’t look back at it fondly. We didn’t have any kids or anything that has me ever thinking about it at all…except for a question like this. My second wedding…the best ever, ofc. I am in such a different place with such a different man. It was a magical day in a beautiful location on a beach…but, I would have thought it like a fairy tale no matter what ofc. IMO, who you marry is the most important part of what makes it beautiful & memorable.

Tho, the question is asking what is the best wedding we ever attended…as a guest. That’s how I interpreted it anyway.^^

Old 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,989 times
None of them.

Old 09-10-2023, 07:45 AM

6,815 posts, read 11,534,335 times
Weddings can have different factors which could make them the “best.” It could be the setting - a lovely outdoor affair or a majestic church. Or the reception with fabulous food, or over the top decor, or a great DJ or band. Or it could be the wedding couple - perhaps an older first time bride marrying a really nice guy after nearly giving up trying to find a partner, or a widow and widower taking their second chance at love, or just someone who you love and care about (maybe a niece or nephew or grandchild) who is marrying someone who thoroughly approve of.

Old 11-29-2023, 03:17 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times
Two-minute ceremony, great food, happy/chill people, nice venue...

This was right after a different wedding sitting through a hot church in a suit hearing about someone's religion followed by goopy vows and probably a poem or two collectively lasting an eternity.

Old 12-23-2023, 05:11 PM

116 posts, read 34,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
After reading through the worst wedding you've ever attended post, I wondered what everyones BEST WEDDING they ever attended consisted of?

What was the best wedding you've ever attended? What made it THE BEST?

I will start.

I've attended a lot of weddings. From the very upper crust to the bare minimum.

The best wedding we ever attended was a "surprise wedding"

We were invited to an engagement party. The couple had been dating for 7 years. There was always a lot of teasing about the fact that they were never going to make it official. So when it finally happened everyone was on board.

We got the invite for the engagement party which was being held at her parents home. A beautiful home with large yard and pool. Invitation stated semi formal.

We arrived and the party was directed to the swimming pool patio. There was a DJ and it was looking like this would be a fun evening/night. Drinks were already flowing.

I don't know if anyone noticed that the engagement couple was no where to be seen so far. Honestly we did not we just figured we hadn't seen them yet as there were around 100 guests so it was "busy"

The home had a balcony off an upstairs room and the couple came out onto the balcony in wedding attire. Wedding Dress and suit. Everyone was screaming!

They proceeded to give a toast thanking everyone for coming and of course announced that this was actually their wedding and not an engagement party after all. They asked everyone to be patient and enjoy appetizers and drinks for 30 minutes or so while they got their ducks in a row.

After 30 minutes We were all directed to the side Garden where to our surprise we all found an outdoor ceremony set up. Chairs an alter etc.

The wedding ceremony went off without a hitch!

The reception tables were set up on a back lawn and dining was al fresco under string lights.

Reception followed with dancing and more drinks etc.

It was such a joyful atmosphere from start to finish.
Everyone was so happy!

The unexpected element of surprise made the entire night magical.
My first wedding was the best wedding that I had ever been a part of. It was after my sophomore year in college.

Unfortunately, that marriage only lasted for 5.5 years as she passed.

Old 02-13-2024, 01:45 PM

41 posts, read 15,372 times
Lots of people saying the best wedding they've attended is their own, and I guess we all biased, so I'm not going to be humble and will say the same thing. I think we had a healthy balance of professional and DIY things. It wasn't a very small and basic wedding, but it also wasn't a super expensive or extravagant one either. We had around 70 people, and spent an average amount of money for the wedding. We spent a bit of the actual venue, open bar and catering, so the important things for the guests (location, food and booze), and everyging else was done by us with help of friends and family.

The first thing, people still talk about is the venue. We got married at a glamping resort about 1.5 hr drive from the city we live in. For those who don't know what glamping is, it's kind of like camping, but a fancy one. It was a huge property in the forest (the staff actually had to drive people in golf carts from their accommodations to the ceremony and to the reception). People stayed in the tents, but for glamping, the tents are huge and comfortable, so you actually get a king or queen size bed, washroom, showerz electricity and other furniture. Its bbasically a hotel room, but covered with fabric rather than being in a building. Most of the people stayed at the resort, and a very few people at the hotels nearby, and cabs were available, so people could enjoy an open bar. The venue didn't really provide anything, and required us to use their bar and one of their preferred cateres, but other than that, we could do whatever we want. Our families are pretty artistic, so it all worked well.

My husband is in the movie industry, so he got lots of friends helping out with photo, video, slide show, setting up speakers, dh, MC etc. Mother is law and sister in law were in charge of decorating, and lots of other family members came early to help. And we have provided our own entertainment.

My husband and I ate very outdoorsy, and we go camping, hiking and canoeing a lot, so the venue has really represented who we are. We had our ceremony at their forest chapel, so basically, there were a bunch of wooden benches set up in the middle of the forest. The nature was beautiful. The reception was outdoors by their main bar, they set up a pavilion, so basically just a wooden roof with a dining area a dance floor. The wedding party took off to take pictures between the ceremony and the reception, so the guests had a cocktail hour with the appetizers served, and the venue set up a few outdoor games such as beer pong, giant genga, corn hole and others, so the guests had booze, food and some entertainment while we were busy.

For the entertainment, my husband and I showed off our talents. I'm a dander, so I choreographed a dance with 2 of my dancer bridesmaids. I got sexy latin costumes for us (white for me, red for them), and we performed a salsa dance routine. My husband has a punk rock band, so they performed a couple of songs too. Then we wanted to have our guests involved, so each table got a card with 2 tasks they can choose from either to sign a song or do something silly. We grew up in the 90s, so we picked some silly songs from that time, or they could do something else. We had a group of guys singing Aqua's Barbie girl, parents' table dancing macarena and a few other things. We did it a bit lager in the reception, so many people were a bit tipsy by then, and everyone had lots of fun with it. We still love watching the videos and see how much people are laughing at themselves and having fun with it.

As most people stayed overnight, we have booked a restaurant at a nearby small town for breakfast, so we all hung out next morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings