Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 06:22 AM

69 posts, read 226,126 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I are considering a move to FL. We are picking the neighborhood we live in based on the schools. From what I learned on schooldigger.com Parkland was one of the better schools in the SE area. Jupiter being the best and Wellington also up there. Our family is in Boynton and Boca so we'd like to stay within about 30 min. of those towns.

Are the schools really good in Parkland from E - HS? Is it safe? If anyone has info about Parkland please let me know. Thanks.

J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 06:47 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,913,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNC4 View Post
Hi,

My husband and I are considering a move to FL. We are picking the neighborhood we live in based on the schools. From what I learned on schooldigger.com Parkland was one of the better schools in the SE area. Jupiter being the best and Wellington also up there. Our family is in Boynton and Boca so we'd like to stay within about 30 min. of those towns.

Are the schools really good in Parkland from E - HS? Is it safe? If anyone has info about Parkland please let me know. Thanks.

J
The schools in Florida are not that great in general. However, Parkland does have nice schools when compared to schools in the local area. I am surprised that Boca did not come up in your search. Schools are supposed to be good there as well.

I really like Jupiter. It's very pretty there. I am not as familiar with the Palm Beach schools (I am in Broward) but if the schools are good there I would consider living there.

Do you have jobs? The job market is not great here.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:19 AM

Hi Mamabear,

Thanks for replying. Boca also rated well but I forgot to mention that in my last post. That's what happens when you post things while rushing to get reday for work. lol. Speaking of work, no we don't have jobs lined up yet. My husband is a web developer and is hoping to keep most of his current clients since everything is online anyway and gain new clients in FL. He mostly does small business sites - lawyers, doctors, restaurants etc.... www.buildmyweb.org. I am an event planner but am very willing to change career paths if need be to make a good salary. If you know of a good head hunter or another way to best find a job please let me know.

J

Old 06-22-2010, 08:56 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Boca has some of the Best Schools in our opinion. We looked at schools when we were moving from West Boca 6 months ago we looked at Wellington HS and decided to stay in Boca as we were looking in a few different areas..We know a few people who live in wellington they like where they live but said the schools were ok..both my children are very happy in their schools..My daughters elem school hands down is excellent and my son attends Spanish River HS loves it...and We couldnt be happier..We are here a year and love it...upiter you cant go wrong with either, Schools really good..newer and very social from some of the swim moms tell me..I would go into the Ft Lauderdale Forum regarding parkland u will get alot more Responses..and Go into the Palm Beach Thread as well and ask about Jupiter..

Good Luck

Old 06-22-2010, 10:36 AM

Thanks swimom. I'll check those other forums.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:24 AM

203 posts, read 597,135 times
Parkland is a beautiful area. I've never heard a bad thing said about Parkland. Any of the areas you've mentioned are within 30 minutes of Boynton Beach and Boca. Jupiter and Boca are at least 30 minutes apart and maybe more but Jupiter is really a fabulous area and closer to the ocean than Parkland. All three areas you're interested in are nice safe towns.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead948 View Post
Parkland is a beautiful area. I've never heard a bad thing said about Parkland. Any of the areas you've mentioned are within 30 minutes of Boynton Beach and Boca. Jupiter and Boca are at least 30 minutes apart and maybe more but Jupiter is really a fabulous area and closer to the ocean than Parkland. All three areas you're interested in are nice safe towns.
Great to hear. Thank you for responding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach