Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 06:44 AM

67 posts, read 190,992 times

Advertisements

Ok so let me start by saying my DH has been living near Boca for a couple of months and he has met some really nice people He even has gone to several cookouts and events. He loves it so far. Whenever I read this board, I am disturbed by the talk of rude people and crime. I will be reolocating to the area in a few months with my small children and want to choose the right place. I like Boca, never been to Jupiter, but know 2 people who live there and love it. Can anyone share pros and cons about Jupiter? Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,406,846 times
You'll notice there is really only one person coming on here and complaining about crime in Boca...
Just like pretty much every city in the U.S there are small pockets of areas you may want to avoid, but as a whole it is considered a safer area. There's more $million+ home areas than there are areas to avoid. Unless you lead a very sheltered life you shouldn't find Boca to be an area where you have to worry about crime.

I live in Jupiter (Abacoa) and really enjoy it. I'd say it's not as congested/populated as Boca so you may find it a little more relaxing. Rude people are everywhere, but most of the people I meet here are friendly and out going.

I see children running around everywhere and I've worked with a lot of families who focus on this area because of that. Abacoa, which is a small section of Jupiter, was really designed with families in mind. Baseball fields, skate park, a town center with lots of restaurants and shops, community pools etc.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:11 AM

22 posts, read 53,707 times
Jupiter > Boca

Way more relaxed indeed. More rude stuck up people in Boca but they have better Sushi.

***MOD CUT***

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 05-19-2011 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: Off topic religious statement.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:14 PM

The idea of children playing outside and friendly neighbors is very important. We seem to make friends wherever we go

Old 05-19-2011, 12:29 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,406,846 times
Not saying Boca wouldn't have that, but Jupiter has a few different neighborhoods that offer a family atmosphere.
The downside for some, is that it's a little pricier for real estate here compared to some of the surrounding cities. As are most areas that have A rated schools, lots of restaurants/activities/shopping.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:07 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,410,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeroner View Post
Jupiter > Boca

Way more relaxed indeed. More rude stuck up people in Boca but they have better Sushi.

***MOD CUT***
I doubt that...but im convinced that most people who comment on Boca being rude either A. have had a bad expereince, or B. dont live there and or C. Dont socialize and if they do its with the wrong people...or just plain ignorant

Old 05-19-2011, 03:03 PM

I agree with you, there is no perfect place to live. There are rude people everywhere. It seems like there are more people who are unhappy living on the east coast of Fla. in general compared to the west coast. We originally thought we were relocating to Sarasota, so we read the message boards for that area, and then were informed the east coast would be our new home. We are excited to move to the east coast, we are trying to figure out the best area to raise our children.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:37 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,410,826 times
well Pook the only way your really going to know is to be here..I know that doesnt help much..lol but after living in as many states as my family and I have, One really needs to Digest where they live before they really know wether or not its where they want to be...Unfortunately its not that easy with children trust me I know as I have 2...We happen to really like living here in Boca and when we 1st moved down here we were in West Boca and if we would have bought a house boy would we have made a mistake, so im glad we rented because at the end of the day it wasn't the right fit for us but we figured that out after living there for 7 months and having 2 kids in the schools so when the chance presented itself we moved to Central Boca and we are very happy here as we love the schools...the worst thing that is going to happen is you rent for 1 year and explore other areas and talk to people as once u are living here you will have so much more time and access since your here already..I hope that makes sense...after the year if your not happy then you have the option to move...

Also remember that everyone has their own opinions so where or what I may feel works for us might not for you, so please try to do as much research on your own as you can and not be swayed from people who just dont have a relevant thing to say....

Old 05-20-2011, 02:16 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,840,338 times
I think sky was talking about me and the crime issue. I am not saying it is unsafe in Boca. I don't feel that way. I said that it is not as safe as where I am from up north. Up north where I am from the crime is a 1 or 2 out of 10 being the highest. Here in Boca it is a 5. I don't feel my life is at risk but I am more careful. I think because I had a bad experience which I know can happen anywhere even in the safest place it has left me feeling more fearful.
I do feel Jupiter is more relaxed and friendly though then Boca. When I was in Jupiter it seemed there were more kids playing outside and at parks. I did not live in Jupiter but from what I saw. In Boca I rarely see children outside. What I like about Boca is you are close to a lot of shops,malls,restaurants,in between Ft Lauderdale and WP. Depending on what area you live in Boca in season vs off season it varys a lot in terms of the feel and how busy things are. I can't say about Jupiter real estate but in Boca it is overpriced especially in certain communities for the HOA/equity. I also live in Central Boca and have lived in a few areas and it is the least friendly or helpful. Not to say you won't meet nice people but overall compared to other states I have lived of similar nature.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:26 AM

I appreciate all of your feedback. We are definitely renting for a year before we buy. The housing market still seems to be falling with so many foreclosures, so it makes sense to wait a year and see what happens there. I appreciate your input on both areas. In the meantime I have to sell my house here in the northeast not a great time to sell a house I might add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach